Sign in to follow this  
wkunert

Super Shield and Microsoft Edge

Microsoft has apparently fixed the problem where Super Shield prevented the Edge browser from opening.  This has been a long time problem but after the latest update to Win 10 the Edge browser and Super Shield play nice with each other.

This is still an issue.  Winver 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)  MS Edge will not launch unless Super Shield is disabled.  Correction, MS Edge launches, but will not connect to any site.  Disable Super Shield without closing MS Edge and it connects.

FYI, this is with a clean boot...

Edited by Ernie

Hi @Ernie

I just sent an email to you with a link to a new version of SuperShield that should resolve the issue.

Please check your email and let us know if the issue persists after installing that version of SS.

Hi @stewieT

The link you sent me worked great! 

I had already restored everything that I had disabled for the clean boot and MS Edge still would not connect.

After running the new version and rebooting MS Edge now opens and connects as it should.

Thanks for your quick response.

Hola @Brooke81 and :wpcm:

Thanks for your support of our software! One of our Customer Support team members should be emailing instructions on how to rectify this you shortly, so keep your eyes peeled for an email. If you don't see it in your Inbox, please check your spam folder as well.

All of our support is done via ticket based system,  the fastest way to reach support is to submit a ticket via https://www.pcmatic.com/support/

Hang tight!

Tx 🤠

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 6:49 PM, Ernie said:

This is still an issue.  Winver 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)  MS Edge will not launch unless Super Shield is disabled.  Correction, MS Edge launches, but will not connect to any site.  Disable Super Shield without closing MS Edge and it connects.

I am also having this same problem.

Edited by rrr33lucky
MIssed problem description

Hi @rrr33lucky

I have sent an email with how to resolve this issue. You should receive it in a few minutes. If you don't see it in your Inbox, please check your spam folder as well.

All of our support is done via ticket based system, the fastest way to get support is to submit a ticket via https://www.pcmatic.com/support/

Hello All,

Experiencing the same issue, Edge Beta Chromium failing.

I did not find the SuperShield update online, tried reinstalling lastest version path, same result.

Can support send me the 'how to resolve' email?

Thanks in advance

McQ

Hi @McQ

I have sent an email with how to resolve this issue. You should receive it in a few minutes. If you don't see it in your Inbox, please check your spam folder as well.

All of our support is done via ticket based system, the fastest way to get support is to submit a ticket via https://www.pcmatic.com/support

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to submit a support ticket at the link above.

I've fixed this issue once from support and now its not working with New Edge again. It had worked for about 5 days and now im back to having to turn super shield off or run as ADMIN. Please help.

Hi @Robert Cook

Please check your email for a message from our support help desk. If you don't see it in your Inbox, please check your spam folder as well.

All of our support is done via ticket based system, the fastest way to get support is to submit a ticket via https://www.pcmatic.com/support

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to submit a support ticket at the link above.