Sign in to follow this  
Paperboy

www.pcmatic.com:This website has poor reputation according to Web of Trust.

That's what I see when I try to open the website from this site's home page. So what's up with that?

Clicking on it shows it's listed under Scam labled as scamware, rogue software and scareware. I don't quite get it, I thought this site was legit.

Well pcmatic.com is a legit and reputable site and they sell a legit and reputable anti-virus program there, despite what the folks at WOT are presenting.

On what specific evidence do they base such a claim?

Who is WOT:

Web of Trust (WOT) is a website reputation and review service that helps people make informed decisions about whether to trust a website or not. WOT is based on a uniquecrowdsourcing approach that collects ratings and reviews from a global community of millions of users who rate and comment on websites based on their personal experiences.

Where do the reputation ratings come from?

WOT's unique tools are powered by our global community of millions of users who have rated millions of websites based on their experiences. All websites'reputation ratings in WOT are based on ratings from our users.

They are most certainly entitled to their opinion.

:) Y

PC Matic was recmmended to me by a friend who is an engineer. We installed it on my computer that is running blue iris and a camera system and it works flawlessly. It was an easy install and easy to look at the different functions that it provides. It is not only a virus prevention program but it helps to maintain your computer as well, including fragmentation and eliminating extra junk that it may find when it does a scan. Of course, all of this is with your approval. I now have it running on two computers, my tablet and my notebook. I like the reports that it generates after each scan, it is complete to the point and lets me know exactly what has been observed and accomplished.

I would recommend this program to anyone who is concerned about having viruses invading their computer and systems. It's a great program.