Change Mode

Setting up Netgear WiFi range extender

Hey...I'm using Spectrum streaming 100meg internet through a Ubee router. The WPS button ontop, I don't know if its on or off. there are no WPS lights  I'm at my desktop trying to connect this extender, but I just don't get it.  Online info just repeats whats already in manual..Anybody have this same extender?  I must be thicker than I thought  Thanks

1st check that the WPS option is witched on in the original router (It should be by default - but you never know).

2nd - Not all Netgear extenders support WPS anyway so it's a manual set up.

Try here for manual setup: (I guess you've tried this but...):

https://kb.netgear.com/25504/How-do-I-connect-my-NETGEAR-WiFi-Range-Extender-using-manual-setup

I'm not a fan of these extenders as my experience is they don't actually extend anything, the through put is slow and connections keep dropping out, I went for a home plug solution, granted it's more expensive, but I have fast reliable Wifi everywhere in the house, garage and back garden!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
51 minutes ago, susan brown said:

Thanks For sharing the information's. I am also looking for this kind of issues solutions of Netgear extender setup. Thanks soo much this kind of informations.

I'm guessing after 2 years this has been sorted - Or maybe not as he's not posted a response?? - Anyway thanks for the spam link - And you're banned.

• nigsy locked this topic