Change Mode

Windows 10 New Update

freedom01

I was wondering if anyone has installed the new version update for Windows 10. Would appreciate any thoughts whether it is worth installing or is it a must. If anyone has installed it yet should we be concerned about losing any files? Thank you!

I've installed it with no issues.

There are a couple of important security fixes in there around browser leakage and stronger password encryption if you use the bitlocker; so should apply it really.

You shouldn't loose any files - But then you should have them backed up externally anyway!! 

Have helped clients roll back from vers:  1803 because their browsers became very sluggish or would hang.

Edge, IE11 and Chrome were all effected.

Microsoft is aware of the issue and is working on a fix that they say they will roll out with their 'next" cumulative update.

I'll wait, personally.

:) Y

On 5/3/2018 at 2:20 PM, Y kawika said:

Have helped clients roll back from vers:  1803 because their browsers became very sluggish or would hang.

Edge, IE11 and Chrome were all effected.

Microsoft is aware of the issue and is working on a fix that they say they will roll out with their 'next" cumulative update.

I'll wait, personally.

:) Y

Said update is live. I got lucky this time, the big didn't affect anything I use. 

Archived