My folding computer is kaput ....

dianamite

I am on my old one and VERY surprised I hooked everything up and it is running.  Probably not securely or efficiently.  I am planning to go to the Computer store (after Christmas?)  so any recommendations on pre-built systems will be very appreciated. I won't last long on this OLD and SLOW computer that is way way out of date, still running XP-Pro (not that there is anything wrong with that... loved XP). I will either have to scale back the folding, or stop folding. Not sure what my future brings.  I just know I need desktop... hate the small keyboards of laptops and netbooks (which I have for traveling).

Edited by dianamite

Hey Diana, what happened to your folder? Mine died this past Sunday, Christmas Eve and I just got it rebuilt Tues. Yours was prolly the nicest looking rig I've built. Depending on what failed, you might be able to salvage parts for a new one. 

Edited by Tx Redneck

Thank you Nigsy and Tx ...  I'm already on a new one...  and will probably wait a while to begin folding again.  I am totally surprised at how quiet a computer can be, lol.  I cannot tell if this one is running.  I may enjoy the quiet for a while, and begin folding again in a limited fashion.  Tx:  I have no idea what happened.  I shut it down to clean it, etc.  When I turned it on, it didn't.  It served me very well and I truly appreciate you building it. My nephew-in-law's father is a PTSD Vietnam vet who "plays around" with computers.  He's never been to "tech school" but has managed to put some computers together from parts for other vets. He has the tower.... and I hope that your good work will continue on helping someone.  

I'll check in on here periodically to see how y'all are doing.  I'm also on Facebook as Diana Stanziano Lyon, if anyone would care to friend me and keep me in the loop. ;)  I'm in my 3rd decade of being a computer user....  time to slow down, maybe.  

Happy HEALTHY new year to all of you.