Sign in to follow this  
indpndntece

Windows alerts for an antivirus

Hi guys,

I am new to this product and have installed it on 4 of my computers. I can not understand why windows does not recognize PC MaTic as my antivirus, malware, and spyware protection. Windows 7 sees the program is installed but says its off line or must be manually turned on. Windows 7 has activated windows defender since it is not recognizing pcmatic or super shield. The PC Matic program appears to be working fine. What gives? Thanks for the help everyone. 

I stand corrected. When I restarted my computer this morning, windows thinks PCmatic's antivirus and antispyware are not running and its creating alerts. I have manually turned off Windows defender. Why does Win7 think I don't have any services through your software?  Other than installing supershield each time to be recognized, is there another way?

:wp:  

Windows 7 32 bit OS?

Make sure that you have all of your Windows updates installed and in place.

We have seen that the Windows Security Center is not allowing the recognition of 3rd party AV solutions to be recognized properly unless the latest Windows updates are in place.

In fact, some Windows updates for Windows 7 32 bit, in particular, are being true pains in the rear.

Disabling Super Shield or uninstalling it first (as well as other 3rd party AV solutions) is being done in order to prevent the Windows updates from "reverting" back after they fail to install and then force us to reboot.

So, here's what is working:  Click Start then type:  services.msc

Press Enter

Double click on PC Pitstop Realtime

Stop the service

Change the Start up behavior from Automatic to:  Disabled

Apply and Ok

Click Start> All Programs> Windows Updates

Get the updates and allow it to restart your computer

After the updates complete, do it again and check if they threw more updates in there.

If present, install and reboot again.

Once the updates are completed, go back to services.msc and set the PC Pitstop Realtime service to start Automatically.

Restart your computer.

Check your Windows Security Center and it should now show PC Matic is up and running and recognized.

Restart once again and recheck, if you wish, it should now keep the settings correctly.

:) Y

2017-11-24 

Y Kowika,   I tried your suggestion of turning off PCPitstop realtime service, but my updates still will not install,  I am running Windows 7 pro.

I would appreciate any help  Thank  you  Kurt

Hi Kurt, I'll take a look at your thread here:  

Since turning off the AV did not resolve this, then we'll try another way.  

Dang M$,  :boxing: We'll get it!

:) Y

I just purchased PC Matic... I think I should uninstall Kaspersky internet security. That is a question. Should I? And thanks to anyone who can help me... 

Edited by thewoodman

Hello and :wp: It's never advisable to run two realtime agents at once. Pick your preferred product and uninstall the other as this can cause system instability, less security and other issues. 

Hope this helps, 

Tx