Change Mode

Why doesnt my processor and graphics card allow for good graphics in g

AlternatePsycho

I have an Intel i7 processor and an AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series graphics card, but for some reason, I can't play graphically intensive games without putting all the setting to the minimum. Two games that have this problem are Doom 2016 and Overwatch. In the case of Doom, even with minimum settings i still experience high amounts of lag.

:wp:

Run an Overdrive test and post your results in this thread and we can have a look at what might be causing the issue.

You'll need to run the test with Internet Explorer and run it as an Administrator.

Not Edge, not Chrome, not Firefox, etc. Internet Explorer only.

Once you have Internet Explorer opened and running as an Admin.............

Navigate yourself to the Overdrive test and run the scan, then post the final URL address back into this e-mail:
Here's a how to:
Thanks
:) Y

Your graphics card isn't powerful enough. Minimum specs for Doom 2016 are:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better.

Your card only has 1gb RAM according to the specs I can find; and nowhere near the processor speed needed.

a link i think you might find of interest :- http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/guides/how-to-get-rid-of-lag-guide#1

i agree with nigsy and would recommend at least a gtx1050ti graphics card, making sure your psu is powerful enough for any graphics card upgrade you decide on.

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966