Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chopdoc

Just want to say hello

Hi-

It's been a long while.

I noticed I finally fell out of the top ten posters to number eleven. LOL!

Nice to see familiar names...Bruce...volt...Jacee...caintry_boy...Juliet...duanster...IntelGuy...Y kawika...brandon...Joe C...and more....

Yes volt, I really am a doctor. LOL!

These days I am into online medical education, medical board review, webinars, EMR, open source medical education, remote support, and more. I haven't played with hardware, software, BIOS, etc for a while. When last involved I was hacking OS GUI, BIOS, as well as playing with Gentoo and Ubuntu Linux, multi-boots, and firmware mods. I am still a big open source fan.

My old multi-boot Asus based tower that these forums helped me build is sitting here next to my desk in my office. I am planning on booting it soon after years sitting idle. My old hardware hot-rodded and BIOS hacked C840 Dell is here too...still runs strong in a multi-boot. Planning to see if I can run Windows 10 on it. I got it up to 7 before I left it aside to concentrate on the medical career, surgery, medical education, family, and other such things.

I hope you are all well. When I get some free time I will check in.

All the best-

Chopdoc, The Chopper Doctor

post-12435-0-56967000-1496207898_thumb.jpg

man, talk about a blast from the past!

Hope you and the family are well and, you need to try and drop in a little more often.

Hey Juliet-

We are well, thanks. Kids almost all raised...one 16 year old left. Still trying to get a 21 year old out of the house, she's on the back of my bike in the picture.

Hope you are well.

I'll stop by again.

Chop! Man it's so good to see you drop in...! We've been missing your input, questions, and all-around "tom-foolery" around here. Sorry to say that we haven't seen Volt in years, I think he may have changed his username? Bruce has been absent for some time because of "issues" but we "leave the light on" for all. Don't be a stranger and I'll look forward to your next posting!

:geezer:

HEY!

Volt and Bruce both not around? Wow.

I'll try to stop by more. I am very busy but I do miss you folks and this forum.

Thanks for keeping a light on. :)

Always good to see ya Doc, welcome back! :clap:

Keep us posted on how it all goes firing up the old ASUS and Dell

:) Y

The Asus has a problem. The cooling unit on the CPU was so heavy at some point moving it around broke the CPU socket away from the board. I'll see if I can fix it, but likely going to need a motherboard.

Ouchie! What socket mobo Chop? I have a couple of "store bought" PC's laying around...

BTW, nice lookin' scooter ya' got there! ;)

:geezer: