Change Mode

Can't find lost tablet/Google android device manager registered

jcr

I have a Samsung 10 inch tablet (GT-P5210) that I took to a restaurant two weeks ago and now am having trouble finding. I haven't used it since then and can't seem to locate it anywhere in my house, but it still may turn up. I tried Google android device manager and it showed up on it and said it was registered and last used two weeks ago but since it's not turned on, can't locate it.

If someone found it and decided to keep it, wouldn't they erase my registration and put theirs on it? Or if it was sold to a pawn shop, wouldn't the owner check it to see if it works and see it's mine? I keep trying device manger but no luck. I'm almost certain it's here but am still worried. Is there some way to make it make a sound so I can find it, even though it's turned off? Thanks for any help.

Device manager only works if it's on and has a 3g / WiFi signal. And then only shows you the last place it was located. If it can find it you can make it ring using google.

The best anyone can do with it will be a factory reset and wipe your data.

Most shops (legitimate ones) would either need to see the tablet unlocked by you and they are also required to check the IMEI against the stolen register - Not sure how it works in the states??

If someone found it and kept it and went online with their own account, would Google android device manager still show it as registered to me? If someone got it and went online with it, like an hour ago, would it show up on the device manager so I could see it, even though it's someone else's account?

Edited by jcr

If someone found it and kept it and went online with their own account, would Google android device manager still show it as registered to me? If someone got it and went online with it, like an hour ago, would it show up on the device manager so I could see it, even though it's someone else's account?

The phone is only linked by your account and not by IMEI. All a would be thief (or someone who found it) would need to do is a factory reset and set up a new google account and they are away. The only way to stop them would be to get the carrier to block the IMEI as that renders it useless..