Change Mode

Recover Product Serial Numbers

Juiced2013

I had a major problem this weekend where some flooding took out my system (as well as other things.) I was able to recover the hard drives (and dry them,) but don't really trust them to operate for too long. I have them currently slaved through a docking station to try to recover the serial numbers off of some of the products that I can't recover them from the vender or website where I downloaded them from. Problem that I am running into is that the OS is preventing programs like Jellybean from accessing the hive cache where the numbers are located. Even if I allow as much access as I can for the slave drives, it still comes up as access denied. Is there other programs that are able to access the data on the slave drives that I am not aware of that can read the information? Ironically enough, it will pull up the Win 10 serial number off of the slave drive (which I don't need as I purchased a new system that I am trying to transfer the programs and data onto) but it won't recover the Office 2015 product key and other older programs that I still use.

Looks like it may work, but won't know until it goes through all the files. Looks like I messed up the steps originally as it had errored out before going too far into the ownership process. Won't know for a bit on if it is fully effective (but it should be) as it is still going through the ownership switch. Ty for the advice.

Edited by Juiced2013