Exactly what number does this represent? (PC Pit stop test)

Hola and :wp:

Can you rerun the test as admin and paste the link here in your reply? Here's an older scan from my desktop w/an SSD that correctly reported the speeds of the ssd in use at that time.

I'm confused, why would I run the older scan if the newer scan can't test my SSD correctly?

And on that link I didn't see anywhere to run a scan. That link is a link to system specs of another user's scan.

Edit: Found the test link.

Edited by FlukeLSX

I apologize for the confusion, I was providing a link to one of my older tests to show it does detect ssd's and test accordingly, but I was also requesting a fresh run from your pc as admin in IE and to provide the link afterwards to see if we can get eyes on it to figure out what's up. :)

Here's a link to said ssd, http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/7567/SSD2SC240G1SA754D117-443

post-61856-0-65153500-1485283353_thumb.png

Edited by Tx Redneck

I apologize for the confusion, I was providing a link to one of my older tests to show it does detect ssd's and test accordingly, but I was also requesting a fresh run from your pc as admin in IE and to provide the link afterwards to see if we can get eyes on it to figure out what's up. :)

It may detect SSD's but the test results remain unchanged.

Thank you, it appears you're using a PCIe drive and while it does detect the hardware in the "Installed Hardware" tab, it doesn't seem to test it properly. Let's see if IntelGuy can shed some light on this for us. :)

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/2651009

Also this benchmark is inaccurate in terms of video performance, because it only tests up to DX10, When the PC is capable of up to DX12 and includes Vulkan

The memory test is also inaccurate as well, because the real performance of my ram is 4 times higher, than the benchmark shows.

All in all this benchmark is just bad to use in general. At least for newer PC's. This benchmark was basically designed for pre 2012 video cards and CPU's.

Edited by FlukeLSX

Right on and SICK rig! It seems there's an issue with the Overdrive test and I've sent a link for this topic to one of the "powers that be" so he can help ya out here, I'm just a fellow member trying to help where I can. STBY

Right on and SICK rig! It seems there's an issue with the Overdrive test and I've sent a link for this topic to one of the "powers that be" so he can help ya out here, I'm just a fellow member trying to help where I can. STBY

No worries, I just wanted to let PC Pitstop know their test may not be accurate depending on PC build.

To clarify, OverDrive is not and was never intended to be, a benchmark. OverDrive is a diagnostic tool the purpose of which is to show any areas of the computer that may not be performing as well as like or similar computers. However there is definitely something gone wrong with the reading of the disk speeds on your machine. I have not seen this before with an SSD and have been testing SSD's on OverDrive since the first Samsung 30GB became commercially available. I suspect that for some reason OverDrive is having trouble reading through the PCIe bus. I have forwarded your concerns to the development team along with a suggestion to take a look at the drive issue.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your taking your time to share your thoughts with us.

To clarify, OverDrive is not and was never intended to be, a benchmark. OverDrive is a diagnostic tool the purpose of which is to show any areas of the computer that may not be performing as well as like or similar computers. However there is definitely something gone wrong with the reading of the disk speeds on your machine. I have not seen this before with an SSD and have been testing SSD's on OverDrive since the first Samsung 30GB became commercially available. I suspect that for some reason OverDrive is having trouble reading through the PCIe bus. I have forwarded your concerns to the development team along with a suggestion to take a look at the drive issue.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your taking your time to share your thoughts with us.

Hi,

You may also want to check the NVME interface along with M.2's make sure the test can support those as well.

Not sure if your tests include those interfaces in your database.

:)

• 1 month later...