Change Mode

Nexus 10 tablet battery goes dead at 30% charge

jcr

I got a Nexus 10 tablet from amazon.com a few months ago and lately the battery has started to go dead at 30% and says I need to use the charger and cuts off. This keeps happening, so I looked online and a lot of other people have the same problem. One guy replaced his battery and it still happened. Other people tried different things that worked for them which didn't work for others. I read it could be a new app that's messing things up or the last update. I was thinking of doing a complete reinstall but want to do that as a last resort. The tablet is supposed to be a refurbished one but I couldn't find any stickers or anything on the box or inside that says so, when I did on other refurb tablets I've gotten, so I think it's a new one. Anyone here have the same problem with a tablet and did you fix it? What could be causing this? Bad battery? I'm not sure what to do. Thanks for any help.

OK. I did a factory reset and it seemed to have fixed it but when it got to 28% it said I needed to connect the charger and cut off. Now what?

If you got it a few months ago it may still be under warranty - send it back.

• 3 weeks later...