Whitelist Management help; add to list?

Hello,

My specific problem is that sometimes my Super Shield blocks my iDrive backup application and won't allow it to run or perform its backup task. It was working before but now recently it is blocking and disallowing it.

In attempting to read the user guide and perusing the FAQ I can find no useful information on how to add my iDrive application to the Whitelist; if that's even the proper method to make the Super Shield recognize & allow it to run & do its chore. I wish to keep my system backed-up and at this moment Super Shield is thwarting my intentions.

I don't want to have to pause Super Shield manually every time I want to run my backup app. Especially since it is set to backup automatically on a daily basis checking for new files to backup etc. Please help...

Thanks,

-Jim

Reset iDrive so that it is functioning as you wish, then run a PC Matic scan, but do not click the Fix All button on the lower right corner.

Instead, look at the scan results and on the top right portion, click on the rectangle next to Services.

If PC Matic is altering the service for iDrive, it will be available to be white listed there.

Just click the icon next to the entry and add it to your white list.

You may need to turn off auto-fix if you have that enabled in your Options ahead of time in order to prevent the automation.

If you have scheduled scans set up, reset those after white listing just to insure that the settings are carried over there as well.

As for Super Shield, are you seeing a prompt from Super Shield that it is blocking the application when you try to run it?

:) Y

Yes, Super Shjield is giving me a little popup window telling me it has blocked the application and then the iDrive report is telling me that it failed to run...

That little popup window could be either a Dell monitor or possibly a Windows 10 thing... I'm not quite sure, but it is a little box/window that pops up with a little yellow warning icon that hovers over the system tray for a few seconds and then disappears. Just a little notification window...

I will run a scan and see if I can get it onto my Whitelist from there. I'll let you know...

Edited by Jimi Mac

Okay, thanks for the additional information.

You can set Super Shield in Advanced Mode and this will allow you to examine and decide what you wish to do with the blocked application.

Super Shield Advanced:
Please set Super Shield in Advanced Mode as follows:
Click the Green Super Shield icon in the lower right corner of the task bar
Move the cursor up to "Protection Level" **don't click**
Move the cursor to: "Block Notification Method" **don't click**
Move the cursor to: "Prompt for Override (Advanced)" <<Click Here>>
When you open the program in question again, and when the SuperShield blocking screen appears, add the programs to your local white list by clicking on the red "Always Allow" button, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs, or add them to the local black list by clicking on the green "Always Block" button to avoid seeing the warning screen for that specific executable.
Please note that Advanced Mode is only recommended for the brief period of time to whitelist an item. Please return Super Shield back to it's default "Super Shield Protection" level once the white listing has been completed.
:) Y

OK great, the first option didn't work... I tried it two ways, I set up the iDrive backup to run by pausing the Super-Shield for 10 minutes and then performed the scan while it ran. That program never showed up in the scan report for me to change any setting about it. I then ran the scan again without it running to see if the background method made it show up in the scan report and it didn't then either...

I am trying this 2nd method now and will see how that works...