Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JustinP526

It kills me to do this...

But I think I may have to sell my PC in order to have a place to live.

How do I figure about how much I can sell it for?

This is the PC

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cybertronpc-assault-a46-desktop-amd-a4-series-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/9476171.p?id=1219418158123&skuId=9476171

With this monitor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236315

I've currently got it posted on craigslist for $300 but getting no offers. Thing is I need about $300 by the weekend or I'll be out on the street. I'm really all out of ideas and no one seems to be willing to pay me even a little cash for odd jobs.

Well, altogether you have 2 items that you paid in the neighborhood of $470 for.....as soon as you carry them out the door the value of the monitor drops by probably 1/2 and the PC by $100-150 off what you paid.

Figure your total price accordingly... ;)

BTW, just my opinion!

:geezer:

I was also offering these speakers too. Guess that's not enough to sweeten the deal.

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Altec-Lansing-ADA885-THX-Dolby-Digital-Speakers-Refurbished/53993/product.html

Guess I have to lower my price to around $200 obo... I really don't know, but I need $300 to rent a place so I can start a new job or I'll be on the street instead.

If what I'm seeing is a big subwoofer with surround speakers I'd think that should sweeten the pot yes. Can't you swindle the landlord into working with you if you cross their palm with $200 and pay the rest out of your first check??

Nope, the landlord is my parents. They want me gone and I hate it here. My girlfriend isn't allowed here, she too is being kicked out of the place I set her up with on temp basis. We're actually hoping to move into her mom's house since no one technically owns it... her mom is in nursing home with maybe 2 months left (brain tumor). I actually need to the cash to cover cost of a truck rental so we can get to another town where there's more jobs available. I just don't even know anymore. Can't think straight, can't sleep and both of us constantly feel sick to our stomachs.

You need to factor in how old the gear is? and what software it comes bundled with. Less than 6 months with maybe MS Office bundled in and you could be asking $300 ($320 OBO) and take the $300. Older than 6 months with a basic windows OS I'm thinking $250.

Yeah, between 6 months and a year. It came with Windows 8.1 64 bit but no other additional softwares. I really don't even want to sell it, but need the money for a place to live. And it wouldn't make much sense to have a computer if we're living on the street.

Now to make matters worse, she's been feeling sick.

At least if we can get a room to stay in for now, we have our laptops (mine near end of life though) we could find some extra side work and get back on track.

Cut the price down to $200 obo and still nothing... I need it gone now, what can I do to sell it right now for $200??

Guess that's a no.... what do I have to do to make some money??? I can't wait, I need it now.

In your area I'm not sure Justin, have you thought about day labor? (i.e. Manpower, etc...)

Granted you can end up on some crummy jobs but it's $$$.

Yeah, they have work already set up for me in the other town. I can't stay here or I will be homeless.

Guess that's a no.... what do I have to do to make some money??? I can't wait, I need it now.

Where are you trying to sell it?? You're not going to turn it around in less than and hour unless you take it to a pawnbrokers! Get it on Ebay with a buy it now price and a minimum reserve; Local free-pages, whatever it's going to take a week at least.

Been trying to sell it on craigslist, only getting greedy idiots offering $50 for a practically brand new PC that been used very little.

Sorry, but I don't have a week to wait around. I have to leave Monday the 15th, I'm not being given any other choice in the matter.

Dude, you gotta pucker up and kiss your parents' butts. Why they want to kick you out? You sacrifice lambs or something in the basement while blasting Scandinavian death metal? I wish I could kiss my parents' butts, but they died this year. Somehow I landed in Philadelphia.

Like caintry said, go to a temp agency and find something. I did it years ago. Stacked pallets, cleaned floors, but got a check at the end of the week. Good luck.

They want me out for the same reason as my 2 brothers... we are grown adults who should be living on our own. That's not unreasonable is it? Not just Scandinavian death metal, I also have been listening to quite a bit of country music lately. And I usually use headphones or just the built in speakers on laptop... my big Altec Lansing ADA885 loudspeakers with subwoofer are packed away.

I did go thru temp agencies... there is NO work around this area (too many people, not enough jobs). The other area where I'm going a temp agency has already set me up with a guaranteed job, 40 hours a week, $12/hr and advancement opportunities.

Far as I know my dad's got lung cancer (his own fault for puffing away 2 packs a day), the town is about to have their house condemned for not keeping it properly maintained and it's about ready to collapse (if jobs paid better, they could afford to fix the problem).

Sorry to hear about your parents.... I do understand... my girlfriends mother is currently dying of a brain tumor! It's awful to see her that way every time we go to visit, and lately she doesn't even recognize her own daughter....

And I would NEVER sacrifice any animal, it is against my beliefs as a witch.

Anyways, the computer ended up at the pawn shop since no one else would actually show up to buy it. Pawn shop gave me a whole whopping $40 for a PC that was $500 just 1 year ago. And I'm sure they will end up selling it for $200.... it is time to put a stop to capitalism!!

And for what it's worth, we will be living in a tent at a campground for the next 2 months roughly until I can save all those pay checks for an apartment. It's too bad we can't just move into her mom's house... but the other relatives are going to sell it as soon as she dies... funny how they all make 6 figure income and so damn hard up for money!!!