Change Mode

Chrome not loading

JustinP526

It was working just fine about 5 minutes ago, then it froze up. Tried to reboot and the whole desktop froze up so I had no choice other than to use the power button.

Now Chrome won't load up at all and getting this problem

justin@linux:~> /usr/bin/google-chrome-stable %U --disable-namespace-sandbox
Bus error

*edit*

No idea what happened, just noticed the little icon at the bottom right corner for the sound/volume is no longer there. Tried to open the sound mixer and it never opens either.

Edited by JustinP526

Have a look here:

https://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/205635-chrome-launch-issue/?hl=chrome

I had a similar issue a while back with Chromium (and all Chrome forks). Not sure about your volume issue.

I know this might sound silly and unrelated - But if you are running SUSE have a look in YAST for Snapper and delete all but the most recent snapshots. I had an issue with Snapper causing Plasma to crash and screen becoming un-reponsive.

If you can't find snapper in YAST post back and I'll dig out the Terminal commands to list and delete entries.

That is the one I looked over and ran that command, it just give Bus error

The sound actually works, but no way to increase or decrease volume on the built in speakers. No problem I guess if I connect my big external speakers.

Here's what I see for snapper

post-78219-0-94007100-1469606564_thumb.png

You are not running snapper...so not the cause.

I'm not good with sound in Linux - way to complicated!! Got mine up and running with Alsa and left it well alone.

As for Chrome; might have been a recent update that broke it; try chromium or make sure you have the very latest version of Chrome.

Nope, has to be something with the OS. Now rebooted and just getting a black screen. Even tried booting a previous kernel and get same result. Can't see anything besides the cursor on screen.

Guessing that means yet another fresh re-install.

Not a problem with the OS either. Tried doing a fresh re-install and found out the HDD is dead or dying... during install it was making high pitch squealing sound and then started clicking. Just bought the damn thing a few months ago... 500GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus 7200.4 so that's $30 down the toilet

Had to put in the old HDD which is a 320GB 5400RPM Toshiba drive and everything is working fine now.