Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maldwyn

After a very long time.

Hello all. My name is Maldwyn. I have not been on the forum for 4 years now. Many things have happened during this time. First of all, I have had 4 birthday parties, this brings my age now to 84. When I was last on, there was Volt, Jacee, Jazzie, and only a few more that I recognise in the posts. I am now in a aged care facility, I have been here 4 years. Unfortunately, my wife passed away 3 years ago, so getting used to single life after 53 years of marriage, it take a bit of getting used to. These aged care facilities in Australia really look after us residents. I was clearing out some old papers I had and found my old Pitstop user names and passwords, I was surprised that they still connected, so I thought I would send this message. In closing, I wish you all god bless, I will always remember the forum. Maldwyn.

Good to see you at least posting that message Maldwyn. Our condolences at the loss of your wife.

Stay strong and come back to see us when you can. ;)

:geezer:

Hi Maldwyn,

So very nice to see the older familiar names popping in from time to time.

You re-registered here back in January of 2003.

I remember the forum software went through a huge overhaul in January of '03 and all of us had to re-register, losing our post counts.

I remember teasing volt about losing all of his post counts at the time, and he just laughed, knowing that he was such a chatter-box that he'd bring his count right back up in no time.

Of course, volt's colloquialisms went something like this: "Oh I ain't worried about none of that, I just keep yakking away to anyone that'll listen to me." :lol:

Nice to see you again Maldwyn and I hope that we see you often.

:) Y

I'm sooo sorry to hear about your wife, Maldwyn ... but, I'm glad to see you found us again!

We still have a few 'old' members from the first forums that join us every once-in-a-while, so continue to drop in :hug:

Dear Maldwyn,

I'm very pleased to meet you, and Welcome back to "The Pit".

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your wife and offer my condolences to you and your family.

Please do visit us when you can - you are amongst friends here and we are happy to have you with us :)

Your friend,

JonTom