Windows XP computer logged in but does not show as licensed

Hi Folks,

I have a total of three computers on my PC Matic account with Windows 10, 8.1, and XP on each. Windows 10 and 8.1 have no issues and are running PC Matic well (usually). The Windows XP computer had the software downloaded and installed, and I do believe I am logged in because the windows for the app actually has the license number displayed. The app on the XP computer shows the other windows 10 and 8.1 computers as licensed, but the XP computer (at the top of the display) does not seem to show it licensed. The app indicated "2 of 5 computers licensed". However, the website for my account where I can set scan schedules and look at reports shows 3 of 5 computers. The Windows 10 and 8.1 computer PC Matic apps also only show "2 of 5 computers licensed".

Why can't the XP computer running software show as licensed? I am not 100% sure if it is being covered.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave :wp:

Please try this on the XP computer:
1) Go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>PC Matic> and click on PC Matic to launch the program.
2) Click on Login in the lower left corner of the screen. If the word Login does not appear in the lower left corner of the PC Matic window, in the upper right area of the PC Matic window, click on "Logout". Once you are logged out, then click on Login in the lower left corner of the window.
3) At the login screen enter the registered email address and the password linked to that email address. To reset a new random password, you can do that from here:
4) Click the red 'Login' button
5) At the top of the PC Matic window, verify that your name, email address, and license key are correctly displayed. If they are not correct, click on 'Logout' and login again.
6) Once the login information is correctly displayed, click on the 'Scan' icon. At the end of the scan click on Fix All.
:) Y

Archived