Well, another day, another part bites the dust.

More $$ has to be spent for folding. Same unit that lost the PSU has killed the vid card. Asus R9 270 in getting ready to be RMA'ed, but need to put something in for now. Have an old GTS 450 but it doesn't put out much PPD.

Edited by dickster

Wish I had a spare card for ya dickster but I just don't have many spare parts and no cards laying around any longer. I may pick up another card by the end of the year and will hold on to this one for instances like this. In all the years of folding off and on I can say I've only lost one processor and a EVGA GTX260....I've been pretty fortunate on that front. I'm still using a 750W PC Power and Cooling I picked up in '09.....best component I've ever bought.

• 1 month later...

Well, finally getting some action on my RMA'ed video card. Got this email and accepted the offer.

We apologize for the delay in processing your RMA as we were unable to repair your product. Since we currently do not have your model [ R9270-DC2OC-2GD5 ] in stock, we would like to offer an exchange to [ STRIX-R7370-DC2OC-2GD5-GAMING ] to accept or decline this offer please respond back to this email. If you do not wish to accept this offer, we can attempt to locate your original model which may take longer than our normal turn-around-time of approximately 5-7 business days. If we do not hear back from you within 2 business days, Asus will automatically exchange your product unless your original model is available by the time we swap and close out the RMA.

Seems like a fair deal to me after looking at the specs as I'm no longer familiar with the Readeon cards. I never could complain about the couple I've had. Glad the situation worked out for ya dickster.