How do I fix wifi again?

JustinP526

Tried installing Leap 42.1 on my desktop and it installed fine, but when it booted to desktop it was just a black screen with the cursor and I couldn't do anything.

Went back to suse 13.2 but now can't get the stupid wifi to work again.

Last time I used the fix on this page to get it going and that made it work just fine.

http://david-latham.blogspot.co.nz/2013/12/asus-usb-n10-nano-on-opensuse-131-linux.html

Now there is no wireless option at all, only the airplane mode option. I don't even know what airplane mode is or what it's for.

The adapter is a TPLink WN823W (I think that's the model number, really can't remember) and it uses rtl8192cu chip.

All of this is way to aggravating on top of having to pack and get ready to move. I need things to just work.

Should have mentioned that I did the one click thing because if I remember right that was the only way it worked last time. Had to install dkms so there was internet for a little while, but after reboot it's now gone. How do I get it back?

Edited by JustinP526

Nevermind, just going to reinstall suse again and start all over. Easier than waiting for an answer that will take too long.

Besides that I can hardly see anything on this tiny laptop screen, and track pads are such garbage.

I got a million things I need to get done and always something has to get in the way.

Learned one thing, during the install process some type of internet connection is needed, this way all needed packages get installed from current repos, Packages like Networkmanager.

These things will keep you out of Yast, Smple as adding a Network Key.

Yep, I did all that when there was a connection. But the provided driver for this chip is garbage the connection drops off every 5 minutes. Had done all the updates and everything then when I ran the rpm and rebooted like the directions say to do the wireless check box disappeared.

Well it wouldn't even reinstall suse either, gave some error about not being able to set the boot manager or something. Well I need a working machine so I can get things done... just said screw it and put the Windows 8.1 back on for now. When I have more time in a few weeks after moving and all then I'll switch it back to Linux and figure everything out then.

Sure would like to get leap 42.1 working though, since it looks really cool on the lappy!

Turns out that it may have all screwed up because right in the middle of doing updates family decided to unplug the router. I seriously hope that my apartment really is move in ready July 1 so I can get out of here already and not have to deal with all this B.S. anymore.