Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caintry_boy

Heatwave

Not too sure about the rest of ya' but we've been getting blasted here in Ks. (see my post in Sunday Funnies). It's a balmy 91F right now on it's way to 95F today, 97F projected for tomorrow and 99F on Wed.. Maybe a slight chance of relief on Thurs night/Friday with a chance of showers and or possibly on Sat..

Now I know why I remember a lot of summers when the grass was dead by July 4 and you didn't dare throw firecrackers or hot cigarette butts out the car window, you'd have burned off half the state!!

I know it was 114F down in Oklahoma the other day...betting it was so hot you could have fried eggs on the sidewalk or the hood of your car.

Now I know Arizona and Nevada have weather like this alla time but it's dry heat, not like ours with humidity above 75-80%...

Parking my butt in front of the A/C and staying here till it cools down. ;)

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=pws:KKAPRESC1

How about the rest of ya', how are y'all holding up?

:geezer:

Went down to 29 night before last. Looking for a high of 75 today. A bit warm for me... but I'll get through it OK. Supposed to cool off to the high 60's by Thursday.

We had our spring "heat wave" a couple weeks ago when we were in the upper 90's.

Been hot as heck here and with that stupid humidity too.

Ran errands early this morning then dove back into the car for air conditioning....got to have my luxuries.

This heat sure makes one keep a clean filter in the AC.