is it ok to update my graphic card drivers? ....

I have version 320.49, realse: 7/1/13

current version is 368.22 reseased 5/23/16

i am having shockwave flash issues in Facebook and one of the fixes included checking for graphic card updates. I've tried *everything* but this fix so far. Lost my whole morning so far, LOL

Absolutely and recommended that you do. I don't know much at all about shockwave or facebook for that matter but if updating your graphics card driver is one of the potential solutions I'd give it a try. You can always revert back to your current display driver but you really shouldn't need to. Let us know how it goes for ya.

Edited by T.E.K.

Thanks guys!! Y'all are always great at helping!!!

I upgraded the cards, and still have the problem :( it's a weird one to figure out... and I'm too chicken to get rid of adobe stuff, lol

EDITING to say, the videos are working now.... some kind of miracle happened allllll by its lonesome... and unobserved.

Edited by dianamite

Those games played on Facebook aren't they flash games....never played any of them but i had the impression they were.....just wondering. I've had an account for a number of years just never really use it.

I have no idea what uses what anymore T.E.K. ... technology has passed me by. And the new OS versions keep hiding more and more info. I used to be able to go into the ini files, systems stuff and feel comfy changing something... not anymore, lol

So I can get rid of everything Adobe and still do stuff on the computer? (nervous, lol)

I have nothing Adobe on any of my PC's anymore, all work fine. If you play games on Facebook and find that you need it for that you can download and reinstall it via that link I left you above. (post #5)

:geezer:

• 5 months later...

so... admitting I am a couple months behind in blowing out the fans, saw this error message 2x in the log.... (didn't look for more after seeing 2)

17:34:07:WU02:FS02:0x21:Temperature control disabled. Requirements: single Nvidia GPU, tmax must be < 110 and twait >= 900

does this mean I need to clean the fans... or did something get turn off?? Wasn't sure, the way it says control disabled.

so... admitting I am a couple months behind in blowing out the fans, saw this error message 2x in the log.... (didn't look for more after seeing 2)

17:34:07:WU02:FS02:0x21:Temperature control disabled. Requirements: single Nvidia GPU, tmax must be < 110 and twait >= 900

does this mean I need to clean the fans... or did something get turn off?? Wasn't sure, the way it says control disabled.

Typical message that basically means nothing to most of us, here's a copy of my log:

07:38:36:WU01:FS01:Upload 45.93%

07:38:37:WU00:FS01:0x21:Completed 0 out of 5000000 steps (0%)

07:38:37:WU00:FS01:0x21:Temperature control disabled. Requirements: single Nvidia GPU, tmax must be < 110 and twait >= 900

Blow those fans out anyway sweetie, just as well while you're at it.

On a side note I pulled a "real boner" and let the water system on my main rig freeze up last night, left the window open in my "man-cave". :yikes:

Fold On!

edit: put my Edenpure infrared heater in there and thawed, back up and running now. WHEW!!

:geezer:

Hi Guys ... I am on a tablet, not easy for me to either see or type from, lol.... Desktop in the shop with a local tech. I think he has had to do something with wires and possibly the hard drive went bad ( will find out more tomorrow).

In talking with him about the possibility of building a water-cooled system, he 'reminded me' that my system is water cooled.... but the video boards are not (they are close together) ... and he also said many newer boards are better, since my computer was built... he is sending recommendations via email but I want to know from the folding standpoint, your recommendations.

will changing video baords bring the possibility of cooler running and quieter? I think there was maybe something else I was going to ask, but dang if I can remember what it was.

Thank you for helping, and always being here for everyone!! Hope y'all had a greatChristmas

PS.... just saw CB's comments about water resersvoirs & etc in another thread.... I do not think i'm ready for that kind of maintenance.... so just need video card recommendations

Edited by dianamite