Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caintry_boy

Lost a friend...

I lost a friend of 42 years today...he was an old drinking and drugging buddy and I know that he'd given up the booze; unfortunately, he couldn't tear himself away from the pills and it's cost him his life.

Got one request, if any of y'all out there do that stuff, PLEASE STOP! There is help available from people who care.

His name was Steve and he leaves behind 2 brothers (blood), 1 sister, 3 children and 3 grandkids so if you're a "believer", please pray for his family.

That is all.

:geezer:

Very sorry to hear that.

Praying for Steve's family...

So sorry to hear this c_b

I too have seen the problems that pills can cause... I've got a brother who is addicted to Xanax, my first girlfriend left me for a guy who was into that stuff and he killed her, and most recently my last girlfriend left me to go back to a previous boyfriend/husband who still beats on her when he's on pills :bawling:

It's truly awful to witness such.... only adds on to my current suffering with depression

Thanks guys, his memorial service was yesterday, and it was "top-notch". I've seen a few services for cremations but this was the best. The chapel of the funeral home was filled and overflow was seated in the foyer about 6 rows deep. Lots of friends and family in attendance. There was a nice big screen/monitor with video stream and lots of pics of some of his adventures around the country as well as at home. I saw old friends that I hadn't seen in quite some time and it was good to see them even under those circumstances.

One bright spot in all this is that he was cremated and his ashes placed in a biodegradable urn that you can plant a tree in, and he will be "planted" right across the street where I can see him all the time. ;)

RIP my brother!

Thanks guys, his memorial service was yesterday, and it was "top-notch". I've seen a few services for cremations but this was the best. The chapel of the funeral home was filled and overflow was seated in the foyer about 6 rows deep. Lots of friends and family in attendance. There was a nice big screen/monitor with video stream and lots of pics of some of his adventures around the country as well as at home. I saw old friends that I hadn't seen in quite some time and it was good to see them even under those circumstances.

One bright spot in all this is that he was cremated and his ashes placed in a biodegradable urn that you can plant a tree in, and he will be "planted" right across the street where I can see him all the time. ;)

RIP my brother!

So sorry I was unable to make it up CB I sure did enjoy seeing him the last time we sat on your porch for a visit.

So sorry I was unable to make it up CB I sure did enjoy seeing him the last time we sat on your porch for a visit.

I wasn't expecting you to come bro', I know how you have trouble traveling. But, if you had shown up, we'd have had a bed for ya'!

edit: p.s., I know he enjoyed that visit too! ;)

You have my sympathy, caintry. You know I've learned how it feels to lose people this year.

sorry to hear CB. i know the feeling,i lost 3 life time friends in 1 year due to drugs. they committed suicide but it all stemmed from drugs(meth,heroin) pills are horrible and sadly its the BIG thing to do nowadays.take care brother and get better soon..