Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nigsy

Seems legit.......

Just received this email...I'm SURE it's valid, why wouldn't it be?? After all, I distinctly remember going to Thailand and opening an account at this bank in my dreams... :lol:

Yes, I'm violating their trust by re-transmitting this email, but ask me if I care...

:geezer:

Please tell me you uploaded the attachment to Virustotal to see what it was. I always like to see what goodies I'm missing...

I just received this email:

post-74448-0-40773700-1466809161_thumb.png

At first, this warning threw me as I don't have an American Express Card. After careful consideration, I realize that one of those people who have been wanting to send me money, probably, set up an American Express Card in my name to give them somewhere to deposit the money because I never sent back my bank account information. I suspect that there is probably a several million dollar credit on that card - though it now appears that some nefarious individual wants to abscond with my money.

I know that this is a legitimate security warning because it came from bcncccjc (at) xplornet.com This warning is so secure that they didn't risk using an American Express email address to contact me. Instead they used an email address for a maple syrup Farm in Canada http://mccreafarms.com/html/contact.html that apparently also runs a charity for a Baptist Church http://donate2charities.ca/en/SHANNON.UNITED.BAPTIST.CHURCH._.0_119147494RR0001

I just received this email:

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

At first, this warning threw me as I don't have an American Express Card. After careful consideration, I realize that one of those people who have been wanting to send me money, probably, set up an American Express Card in my name to give them somewhere to deposit the money because I never sent back my bank account information. I suspect that there is probably a several million dollar credit on that card - though it now appears that some nefarious individual wants to abscond with my money.

I know that this is a legitimate security warning because it came from bcncccjc (at) xplornet.com This warning is so secure that they didn't risk using an American Express email address to contact me. Instead they used an email address for a maple syrup Farm in Canada http://mccreafarms.com/html/contact.html that apparently also runs a charity for a Baptist Church http://donate2charities.ca/en/SHANNON.UNITED.BAPTIST.CHURCH._.0_119147494RR0001

You seem to be taking this quite well. I, for one, would probably go into a panic mode if I were advised that a credit card that I didn't know I had was suddenly being blocked and I would not be able to use it anymore. The fact that it would be for my own security would be reassuring, but nonetheless...

It is proving to be a nuisance. I just tried to use the card that I don't have to purchase non existent furniture for a mansion that isn't real. I had also hoped to hire a fictional contractor to install a pretend swimming pool in the imaginary back yard. It appears that those plans will need to be put on hold for the immediate future. Luckily, it appears that I am still able to purchase fictitious jewelry for my made up girl friend without leaving my wife's fanciful dreams. Until this blows over, I think I'll fly my invisible plane to Atlantis for a fortnight.

I just think that these people would be more believable if they went to the trouble to:

• Use my name instead of "cardmember"
  • Learn how to spell Hidden
  • actually show 4 numbers where they say Account Ending:
  • Provide a link to a domain that actually exists (this one sends you to hxxp://amexsecurity.amexonline.us which is nonexistant)
  • Send from a company email
  • Finish your graphics (The card is cut off in the mail)

It's time people actually put a little effort into their job when they are trying to defraud me.

I'm a little confused by this email as it came from Cynthia Olive... but it says it is from Ellen Ramann. However, this poor girl just needs a little bit of help.

Dearest one,

Permit me to inform you on my desire of going into business relationship with you. I got your name and contact from the Ivorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to its esteeming nature and the recommendations given to me as a reputable and trustworthy person I can do business with, and by their recommendations, I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere business.

I am Ellen Ramann, the only daughter of Late Dr.Daniel GUI Ramann. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant based in Abidjan, the economic capital of Ivory Coast before he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outing to discuss on a business deal. When my mother died on the 21 October 2005, my father took me so special because I was motherless.

Before the death of my father on the 18th May 2016 in a private hospital here in Abidjan. He secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has a sum of US$3,500,000.00(Three Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) left in a suspense account in a local bank here in Abidjan. That he used my name as his only daughter for the next of kin in deposit of this fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his associates, that I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose such as Real Estate Management.

Sir, I am honorably seeking your assistance in the following ways,
1) To provide a bank account where this money would be transferred.
2) To serve as the guardian of this fund.
3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a residential permit for me in your country.

Moreover, I am willing to offer you 20% of the total sum as compensation for your effort input after the successful transfer of this fund to your account.

Furthermore, you can indicate your option towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within seven (7) days you signify interest to assist me.

Anticipating hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Ms Ellen Ramann.

Oh... it's a big day for emails. I'm a bit stressed knowing my email has a virus...but at least I know that once I give them all my information - they will be able to cure it and increase the size of my mailbox while they are at it. :tup:

Dear User,

This is an automatic message from our servers; If you have received this message, it means that your e-mail account has been queued for deactivation because of the recent virus attacks and hack on our database, we are currently carrying out maintenance on specific email accounts. As a result, we are required to carry out maintenance on your account and increase the size of your mailbox to continue using email services, your account has been attacked by the virus.

To confirm your account, fill out the required information below:

Name:
E-mail:
User name:
Password:
Confirm password:
Territory

Your account is valid after you have successfully confirmed your account information and same verified on the school email database, failure to comply will result to the permanent deactivation of your email account and you will be temporarily suspended from the school email system.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Webmaster Upgrade Team

Oh... it's a big day for emails. I'm a bit stressed knowing my email has a virus...but at least I know that once I give them all my information - they will be able to cure it and increase the size of my mailbox while they are at it. :tup:

:laughing:

FROM THE DESK OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA GOVERNOR.

GODWIN EMEFIELE.

Attn: Honorable Benefactor.

How are you today hope this email will meet you and family in a good condition, Having said this I writ to bring to your kind notice that your long over due payment has been re-validated after the last federal executive council meeting.

Inline with the above note that your funds will be coming to you via a concealed diplomatic means to you country. Consequently, you are obliged to re-confirm to us the bellow information’s

Full Name:

Private Telephone Number:

Nearest International Airport:

We arranged for this method so as to eliminate unwarranted payments. This is the best possible way to have your funds transfer logjam, resolved. Cease this opportunity and be advised accordingly.

All further directives will be given to you as soon as you re-confirm the above information’s.Thanks and waiting for your urgent response to this notice. Attached is my working ID card have it for proper identification.

Warm regards.

GODWIN EMEFIELE

CENTRAL BANK GOVERNOR

DIRECT TELEPHONE NUMBER:+234-08072636084

Wait...

He called me benefactor.

Isn't the benefactor the one giving the money? I thought they were giving money to me????

I have been deleting these whenever they come in but it occurs to me that you may want them for your collection. Please post your email address and I'll start forwarding them to you :)

I have been deleting these whenever they come in but it occurs to me that you may want them for your collection. Please post your email address and I'll start forwarding them to you :)

Lmao

Dear Sir,

Compliments of the day to you. I hope your doing well and that this letter meets you and your family in good health.

On my honor, I want to introduce myself, my name is Dr. James Anderson, I am the chairman of Contract Tender Board/Award Committee of West African Health Support Organization (WAHSO) we have our headquarters in Accra Ghana from where I operates but our sub and area offices are in all member states of the organization. This organization is an arm of the Economic Communities of West African States (ECOWAS). It is the largest single organization operating here in West African sub-region with 15 member states and my organization sees about health support related matters in the whole region.

In 2013 there was an outbreak of cerebral meningitis in many member states of our region including Mali, Republic of Niger, Burkina Faso, Guinea Bissau and Cape Verde. The outbreak of this disease and its rapid spread was alarming and a disaster so my organization was mandated by the regional executive body to immediately take every necessary action to bring the situation under control. We swung into action in collaboration with World Health Organization (WHO). We awarded contracts to various drug manufactures and large drug distributing companies both in South Africa, Europe and Asia for supply of drugs and related services for both cure and prevention of the disease from spreading to other states.

The contract entered with those companies was initially meant to last for one year but unfortunately we found out before the end of the contract that we grossly underestimated the situation at hand then the contract was extended for more one year and more companies were also engaged in the war against the disease and its spread which ended in early 2016.

During the deliberations and the processing of the contracts, myself and members of my committee connived and inflated the value of the contract to the tune of 28.83 million usd. The contract has been completed long before now and full payments made to all the suppliers of both drugs and services used in the fight against the disease while the disease itself has been declared flushed in the areas.

The balance of the inflated amount has been floating in the balance sheet of the agency's account and recently the bank manager wrote and required me to forward account where the remaining of the balance will be paid to. It is on this regard that I am inviting you to come and partner with us so we can move this fund out of Africa for our collective interest.

What we need is for you to provide a durable account that we would use to receive this money for the benefit of all of us. We made up this mark up in order take care of our retirement benefits because some of us in this committee are due for retirement soon and we believe this will help in no small measure to effect great change in our generations coupled with the fact that the project was a multi-million dollar one so it provided a very unique and great opportunity for us all.

If you will want to partner with us as a businessman you will know that you must be able to provide an account that will have the capacity to contain the volume of money involved and then we can negotiate with you the protocol and sharing formula of the money.

We are matured men in the highest cadres of our careers and would want to protect both our reputation which we have worked hard over the years to build, our family names, careers and grown up children we have, so we would want you to take this transaction serious and give it it's desired attention if you accepts this partnership.

Please confirm the receipt of this message and let us know your position immediately.

Thanks

Dr. James Anderson

Chairman, Contract Award Committee

West African Health Support Organization (WAHSO)

South Labadi Beach Estate, Accra Ghana

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This has got to be totally legit because it came from the guy in India that is #10 on this comments list: http://www.startupbizhub.com/How-to-Start-a-Wholesale-Business.htm

Wait????

Is India in Africa?

Dear Sir,

Compliments of the day to you. I hope your doing well and that this letter meets you and your family in good health.

On my honor, I want to introduce myself, my name is Dr. James Anderson, I am the chairman of Contract Tender Board/Award Committee of West African Health Support Organization (WAHSO) we have our headquarters in Accra Ghana from where I operates but our sub and area offices are in all member states of the organization. This organization is an arm of the Economic Communities of West African States (ECOWAS). It is the largest single organization operating here in West African sub-region with 15 member states and my organization sees about health support related matters in the whole region.

In 2013 there was an outbreak of cerebral meningitis in many member states of our region including Mali, Republic of Niger, Burkina Faso, Guinea Bissau and Cape Verde. The outbreak of this disease and its rapid spread was alarming and a disaster so my organization was mandated by the regional executive body to immediately take every necessary action to bring the situation under control. We swung into action in collaboration with World Health Organization (WHO). We awarded contracts to various drug manufactures and large drug distributing companies both in South Africa, Europe and Asia for supply of drugs and related services for both cure and prevention of the disease from spreading to other states.

The contract entered with those companies was initially meant to last for one year but unfortunately we found out before the end of the contract that we grossly underestimated the situation at hand then the contract was extended for more one year and more companies were also engaged in the war against the disease and its spread which ended in early 2016.

During the deliberations and the processing of the contracts, myself and members of my committee connived and inflated the value of the contract to the tune of 28.83 million usd. The contract has been completed long before now and full payments made to all the suppliers of both drugs and services used in the fight against the disease while the disease itself has been declared flushed in the areas.

The balance of the inflated amount has been floating in the balance sheet of the agency's account and recently the bank manager wrote and required me to forward account where the remaining of the balance will be paid to. It is on this regard that I am inviting you to come and partner with us so we can move this fund out of Africa for our collective interest.

What we need is for you to provide a durable account that we would use to receive this money for the benefit of all of us. We made up this mark up in order take care of our retirement benefits because some of us in this committee are due for retirement soon and we believe this will help in no small measure to effect great change in our generations coupled with the fact that the project was a multi-million dollar one so it provided a very unique and great opportunity for us all.

If you will want to partner with us as a businessman you will know that you must be able to provide an account that will have the capacity to contain the volume of money involved and then we can negotiate with you the protocol and sharing formula of the money.

We are matured men in the highest cadres of our careers and would want to protect both our reputation which we have worked hard over the years to build, our family names, careers and grown up children we have, so we would want you to take this transaction serious and give it it's desired attention if you accepts this partnership.

Please confirm the receipt of this message and let us know your position immediately.

Thanks

Dr. James Anderson

Chairman, Contract Award Committee

West African Health Support Organization (WAHSO)

South Labadi Beach Estate, Accra Ghana

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This has got to be totally legit because it came from the guy in India that is #10 on this comments list: http://www.startupbizhub.com/How-to-Start-a-Wholesale-Business.htm

Wait????

Is India in Africa?

Yes, India is part of Africa AND be sure to send him your bank acct. information...! :rolleyes:

Tom - I received this in an email yesterday. I assume it's legit because they say it's pre-approved by President Trump and he has urged them to disperse the monies promptly. :)

Please try to control your jealousy

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear: Beneficiary,.....Good News .....this is your OFFICIAL AUTHORIZATION FOR RELEASE in our Meeting with President Donald Trump after his inauguration on 01/20/2017 as 45th President of United States of America with World leaders / Washington Trust Bank Boards of Directors and Country of Origin of your $200 million…..Africa Government Representatives here in Washington D.C United States of America....

Your $200 million with our bank here has been Re-Approved by the World Leaders and President Donald Trump who vow that he is going to make America Great Again by making sure that you receive your long Inheritance Contract Payment $200 Million from Africa and your $200 Million has been transferred to our bank here in your name ...…He instructed that I will be transferring $10 Million in each transfer to your nominated bank account till you received your full amount of $200 Million completed…. Your first transfer of $10 MILLION must transfer to your account this week as planned...

You are advice to reconfirm your full name/address/cell phone / bank details and scan any of your national id cards or Driving license to facilitate us start your transfer this week unfailingly…… The only thing this will cost you is for you to secure International Transfer Claim Permit Certificate (ITCPC) from united states Government to make your transfer is pure legal and protect you not to have any problem with any Agency when you are withdrawing your fund..…As we are ready to start the transfer as soon as it reflect in your account within 48 working hours another $10 Million will enter again the next day till you receive your complete $200 Million with us …... I wait your quick respond as President Trump has instructed and issued Authority to Release Letter of your $200 Million with us.

Thank you for banking with us...Yours In service...
Mr. Peter F. Stanton
Chairman and CEO
Washington Trust Bank.
Address: 717 West Sprague Avenue
Spokane, WA
Email: [email protected]

Hardly surprising all told, such can originate from say a data/pseudo server farm centre in Asia for example to name but one example...

The very same can also be used for absolutely anything to gain information. :(