Can't run tests

I wanted to try PC Matic... do a test on my computer... and it has me download and when it gets to running a test, it says click the link below, but there is no link.

This little ole grandma is not a computer guru... but sure would like to get some good protection on my computer.

I am using Win10 on a Toshiba...

:wp:

Sounds like maybe you are using the Edge browser in Windows 10. If you go to the Home Page, then in the upper right corner of the Edge browser window click on the three dots ... a menu will open. From there you should see an option to use Internet Explorer. Click on that option then try running the test again.

Thank you... I changed browsers and it worked fine.

Then I ran my scan... and it suggested I remove a program so the Super Shield would work... so I went into my control Panel and removed that program, and some others I no longer needed. So decided to restart my computer to make sure it was OK... so get back in my computer and can't find where to do anything... set up the Super Shield... or run another scan.

I wonder if it is all due to the web browser.

Sure will be glad when I get it figured out.

Kris

If you do not have a desktop icon you may need to reinstall PC Matic. However, before doing that see if you can go to Start>Apps>PC Pitstop>PC Matic> and click on PC Matic to launch the program from there.

To install SuperShield, open PC Matic and click on the Options gear icon, then click on the Super Shied tab, then click on the red Install button. Wait five or more minutes for SuperShield to download a new set of definitions.

To see if SuperShield is working you can right-click on the green shield icon in the lower right corner of the Windows desktop screen by the time display and verify that there is a check mark next to the protection level 'SuperShield Protection', which enables SuperShield.

The SuperShield icon should be in your system tray but it may be hidden by default. For Windows 10, right click the Taskbar and choose Properties, then click on Customize. From the windows that opens, click on 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar', then change PC Matic Super Shield to On.

Thanks again... I was about ready to throw up my hands and say forget it... now have Super Shield installed, and there is an icon on my desktop and on my taskbar, and I have a schedule set up for maintenance.

Another question... I have a program called Advanced System Care on my computer... do I need that anymore or should I take that one off.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help... things have been running pretty well... got my scans working and scheduled.

I do have a few new questions... I surf a lot on the traffic exchange programs... I even own one of them. And I notice that lately when there is a page on the site put there by the Admin, it won't show up... it seems to have been blocked. Is PC Matic blocking these pages?

I also belong to clixsense.com where I can click ads and earn a few pennies a day... my computer did an update late night, and when I click on any of the ClixSense ads now, they won't work... instead I get this message:

AdBlock or a similar browser
extension has been detected.

Is this something from PC Matic, and if so can I turn it off?

Kris

Glad to hear that you got things working better.

Neither PC Matic nor Super Shield can block web pages, but I have had the PC Matic ad blocker keep a page from opening. What web browser are you using? In Chrome or Firefox look in the upper right for a green shield and click on that and look for the "disable" option. In Internet Explorer you have to have the Status Bar enabled at the bottom, then click on the green shield in the IE status bar.