Asus A8n-SLI Premium

Bruce

Well taking towns trash to transfer station today, and found an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard with 4 gigs of ram and processor still on it. After the snowstorm today, aka this weekend I will be turning this into my MYTHTV machine and freeing up my desktop for playing with new OSES and just tinkering. The old ASUS is a perfect machine to sit and do nothing but MYTHTV.

Have a case, and many hard drives, along with an old Nvidia GTX 260 to put in it.

Now it's just a matter if I want to work on using Leap on it, or sticking with 13.2 as I have all my configuration files that can just be copied over to it. Quicker and easier to copy config files rather than setting up a new OS ;)

thought your mythtv setup was that pc you built a few years back in that case that looked like an old radio if memory serves not your desktop.

my opinion is you might as well start of with leap, after all doesn't really take that long to setup mythtv and should be easy enough to restore the backend data from a backup you make, think the only problem i had was remembering i needed to first fix the timezone info for the database before the setup would run and update the database ready to use.

what cpu was in the motherboard? and what tuners/remote control setup you using now with your mythtv box?

:b33r:

Backend data is no big deal. The ir blaster from hdpvr has a few custom config files, and I am not sure if they are compatible with leap, and to be honest I had to research it for a few days to get it going in 13.2, I don't relish having to do that for a newer kernel.

Backend data is no big deal. The ir blaster from hdpvr has a few custom config files, and I am not sure if they are compatible with leap, and to be honest I had to research it for a few days to get it going in 13.2, I don't relish having to do that for a newer kernel.

never needed to setup an ir blaster so like you say then might be a bit of a pain but in all honesty i'd first try cloning the current system to the drive going in the mythtv box and try updating to leap, if no joy then like you say just keep 13.2 where everything just works.

:b33r: