Whitelist

Jimi Mac

How do you add apps to the Whitelist so that the scan doesn't shut certain items off? I have iDrive backup and it keeps wanting to disable iDrive that is set at automatic and PC Matic wants to keep putting it on manual... I want to leave my iDrive on automatic so I can't use the auto-fix option w/PC Matic so I have to be on hand when I do scans and do them manually so I can't set up a scheduled scan or it will keep blocking and turning off certain apps...

:wp:

Nice Ax Jimi Mac! :ax:

Reset iDrive so that it is functioning as you wish, then run a PC Matic scan, but do not click the Fix All button on the lower right corner.

Instead, look at the scan results and on the top right portion, click on the rectangle next to Services.

If PC Matic is altering the service for iDrive, it will be available to be white listed there.

Just click the icon next to the entry and add it to your white list.

You may need to turn off auto-fix if you have that enabled in your Options ahead of time in order to prevent the automation.

If you have scheduled scans set up, reset those after white listing just to insure that the settings are carried over there as well.

:) Y

• 3 weeks later...

:wp:

Nice Ax Jimi Mac! :ax:

Reset iDrive so that it is functioning as you wish, then run a PC Matic scan, but do not click the Fix All button on the lower right corner.

Instead, look at the scan results and on the top right portion, click on the rectangle next to Services.

If PC Matic is altering the service for iDrive, it will be available to be white listed there.

Just click the icon next to the entry and add it to your white list.

You may need to turn off auto-fix if you have that enabled in your Options ahead of time in order to prevent the automation.

If you have scheduled scans set up, reset those after white listing just to insure that the settings are carried over there as well.

What do I do if it has already fixed it. I'm having a problem with my scanning software. PC Matic shut it off. I must not have noticed it in the fixes, so how do I unfix it?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

If it's been awhile, the best way is to reinstall the scanning software, then run a scan, but don't press the Fix All (and make sure auto-fix is not on in Options) then you'll be able to see if PC Matic has that software flagged in the Services.

Click on the rectangle next to services and if the scanner software is flagged, then it'll show red and you can white list it. Subsequent scan and cleans will no longer mess with it.

If it just happened recently, then you can roll back the changes made by PC Matic or run a system restore and again, run a scan, but don't fix anything, white list the scanner service, then go ahead and fix the rest to complete the scan.

If you need a hand with rolling back or a system restore let us know.

Archived