Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lcumbie

Code 2 error when trying to post to PCMatic Tech Support

An error occurred during the ticket creation process: Code 2

Can't find a phone number, guess there are no humans available.

[i installed PCMatic and ran the Fix All for my issues. I now have two issues. One is that one of my print drivers that converts web pages and other items to PDF no longer works. The more serious one is that my video editing program will no longer render the video smoothly. This was not a problem before installation.
I cannot find a place to create exceptions to the real-time scan I think you call Super Shield or I would try that first. Any help is appreciated.
Sincerely,
Lee ]

Try clearing the browser cache and see if That eliminates the error when creating a ticket. I just created one successfully so the process is working.

For SuperShield, you can click on the green shield icon in the lower right corner of the Windows desktop screen by the time display and you can select SuperShield Protection, then set the Blocking Notification Method to Prompt for Override (Advanced).

The SuperShield icon should be in your system tray but it may be hidden by default. To unhide the SuperShield icon, click on the small triangle to the left of the Windows time (clock) in taskbar near lower right corner of the screen and then select Customize. Look for the green SuperShield icon and select the default display behavior as "Show icon and notifications" then click Apply. Once this is completed, SuperShield should always be displayed down the by clock.

For Windows 10, right click the Taskbar and choose Properties, then click on Customize. From the windows that opens, click on 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar', then change PC Matic Super Shield to On.

We recommend that you do not use the Industry Standard level of protection as that may allow your computer to still be infected by malware or viruses. Only SuperShield Protection will give your computer the best protection possible.

Try downloading again, and when the SuperShield blocking screen appears, add the programs to your local white list by clicking on the red "Always Allow" button, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs, or add them to the local black list by clicking on the green "Always Block" button to avoid seeing the warning screen for that specific executable.

Please note that Advanced Mode is only recommended for the brief period of time to whitelist an item. Please return Super Shield back to it's default "Super Shield Protection" level once the white listing has been completed.

IntelGuy,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to help. Still get the Code 2 error. I'm using Chrome if that might be an issue.

I had Avast (free) and Norton (trial) before that but decided to purchase a full product. It did the scan and there doesn't seem to be any option to select what you want it to fix so I hit Fix All. It updated Adobe to Adobe Reader DC and made it the default instead of Acrobat 9.

I think that is the source of the HotDocs PDF print driver error

[DocuCom PDF Driver Stopped:

DateTime: 2016-01-25 14:19:16
FileName: Code 2 error when trying to post to PCM...op's Paid Products - PC Pitstop Forums

Reason: Limit is exceeded.]

No idea what might be causing the video issue other than the AV trying to 'monitor' it and I want it excluded. I hate to uninstall and ask for a refund but if I can't contact PCMatic then I might not have any choice.

Thanks.

You can click on each of the colored rectangles at the end of a scan to se options to exclude items from being fixed at that point. You can also click on Options>Scan Options before starting a scan and make selections and exclusions from there.

And you can roll back changes made by PC Matic. To undo the changes PC Matic made to the computer, open the program again then click the 'Options' icon, and the 'restore settings' tab. Select a date, then click on the 'Restore' button to run the program again to undo the changes. Once the restore completes, reboot the computer. Repeat the process for all available dates. If that fails to correct any issue, go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and select a restore date from before the problem began.

As far as contacting support, you can try sending an email directly to csticket (at sign) pcpitstop (dot) com, replacing the parenthetical material with the correct punctuation marks. That should create a ticket and get an email correspondence going.

I can't access the help function either. Code 2. The software indicates the wrong version of windows for my den computer.

It says windows 8. I am running windows 10 x64.

This is the worst technical help site I have ever seen.

And no phone option. Horrible!

:wp:

We have opened a ticket for you with a solution to the issue.

You can also send an email directly to csticket (at sign) pcpitstop (dot) com, replacing the parenthetical material with the correct punctuation marks.