Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deebee09

Agnitum Products

I think I am using PC Matic Pro because I purchased an Evergreen license.

I was using Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Pro and Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro (lifetime licenses for 3 computers on both) and after I learned that Agnitum Technologies was sold to a Russian company, I removed them and bought the PC Matic. at first, I had the Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro after a while, I removed it and replaced it with Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Pro. There is an option for customizing (hiding and unhiding) icons and notifications to display in the Windows 8.1 Taskbar. I found out that when I opted to have the PC Matic Super Shield to show in the taskbar, there is an option for op_mon.exe showing that the service for Outpost Security Suite Pro could not be started.

I tried to manually remove all the Agnitum stuff from the registry with regedit.exe and I could not find any more. I tried to manually remove all Agnitum folders and files from my C: drive. This remnant is still there and I am worried that it could be used (a back door?) to hack into my notebook PC.

Can you Please check into this? I am also mentioning this in case other PC Matic converts also have this or similar issues. I did a screen save for this.

Download Revo Uninstaller FREE here > http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html

Install the program and it will place an icon on your desktop. Double click to open the program (Windows 7, 8, 8.1 I right click and run as Administrator) When it opens it will show ALL programs that are on your PC/laptop. You can click on Agnitum (if it shows) and uninstall it, just follow directions for Advanced Uninstall.

It will ask you to checkmark registry items in BOLD in order to uninstall those as well...

:geezer:

As well as the above; you may find you have to re-install Agnitum and then run either revo or the toolsJuliet linked to. Sometimes thats the only way to get those hidden registry entries.