Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brownhornet

avast and TFC

anyone know why Avast thinks TFC is malware? i went to use the program and Avast popped saying its malware then removed it from my desktop.tried reporting it as false positive but it says the info i entered is incorrect,not sure if thats how to go about having Avast let it run..please advise

I would advise to disconnect from the Internet, temporarily disable Avast, then run TFC.

***You need to reboot after running TFC any time you use it.

Avast will be back up and running after the reboot. :)

I would advise to disconnect from the Internet, temporarily disable Avast, then run TFC.

***You need to reboot after running TFC any time you use it.

Avast will be back up and running after the reboot. :)

yup thats what i have figured out..thanks ladies :hug:

Just my opinion, but steer clear of the one from Addpcs...you want the one from Oldtimer. ;)

:geezer:

Note: TFC was last updated by OldTimer 6/23/12...that was version 3.1.9.0 which supported Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7. TFC has become outdated to some extent as the Windows operating system has continued to be updated with critical security patches. As time has passed, there have been more reports of various issues with running TFC to include unexpected freezing, hanging, unresponsiveness, etc. especially on newer operating systems so I would not recommend using it on Windows 8 or above. If you have problems using it, then consider an alternative like CCleaner.