Change Mode

Sapphire R9 280x NZXT version

Has a Corsair water loop that came installed on it. You can read more about it starting with Post #43 here > http://www.theraptor...ng/page__st__40
Card ran great chalking up mad Folding points for awhile then I let it sit idling in a PCI-E #3 slot for a time while I used that PC as an HTPC rig, streaming video with another card (3870x2 running lesser drivers). I finally popped it out and stuck it back in it's own machine to use for [email protected] but it wouldn't Fold, wouldn't overclock, nothing, although it did work fine for just displaying video to browse the net with. I was really upset then because it was a gift from a brother. I pulled it and have just let it lay since last January.
I recently thought I'd try and breathe some life back into it so flashed it to this BIOS > https://www.techpowe...072-140727.html It still runs fine for browsing but that's it. Sapphire TRIXX shows no core clock or mem clock and basically will not let me do anything.

Might add that GPU-Z shows this for the VBIOS version > 015.046.000.016.000000

Is this thing just a doorstop now???

pullhair.gifpullhair.gifpullhair.gif

:geezer:

Might add that GPU-Z shows this for the VBIOS version > 015.046.000.016.000000

well that is the bios you flashed it to. :mrgreen:

did you backup the old bios? first thing i'd do is put the original bios back on there.

silly question i know but the water loop is connected to power and working correctly yes?

you using the latest catalyst software and drivers? and what do they show?

run a unigine benchmark and see what numbers you get for it.

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966

warranty will be void anyway because of the watercooling loop, also you never did say if the vrm's had any cooling on them, if not then i'd guess that's where the problems started.

:b33r:

if the factory cooling can be replaced then what they dont know wont hurt them,otherwise yes it will void warranty

Well, it came with the Corsair water loop soooooo...I don't have the factory heatsink/fans although I get your point brownhornet. Terry, I see that the vrm's look like they have the standard cooling but there IS a fan over them. This NZXT affair just looks like an aftermarket "plate" if you will that covers the PCB and the water block for the Corsair loop mounts on it but goes thru' it also to contact the GPU chip. If I can I'll post up some pics for ya'...

That one just about nails it except that mine says Corsair on the water block. ;)

I haven't given up completely yet, I know the PCI-E slot on the mobo is good because it's running my GTX460 right now. I'm thinking of taking the R9 280x with me the next time I go see my cardiologist or vascular surgeon and take it by a shop in KC, maybe they can test it and tell me what's wrong...if all else fails I could buy another R9 280x and slap the water cooler on it. :)