Change Mode

Sidewinder Computers

Just wondering if anyone has had trouble in the past/present with orders. I ordered a small product on 11/5/15 with 2-3 day USPS Priority shipping and it's still in Indiana. :woot::IG:

It's only gone from Franklin, In. to Indianapolis, In, which only took one day; yesterday. I shot 'em an email 3-4 days ago asking if they were failing too...took 'em 2 days to respond.
Now it's the weekend and I still don't have my stuff 10 days after the order was placed.

'Bout ready to give 'em somea this action... post-3307-0-49720900-1447601961_thumb.gif

:soapbox:

:geezer:

Hmm, can't say I've heard of them. Looked them up just now and looks like they have some really great stuff!

But if orders take that long and customer service takes days to respond... think I'd be taking Bart's advice there!!

Last really good deal I got was from computercity.com after I tossed my Asus M4N78 Pro in the e-waste and found they had a nice ASRock K10N board (very similar to the Asus one) for only $15. Put the K10N on order and got it 2 days later (from Las Vegas to Chicago). Only thing bad about the order was they sent the wrong board and instead of getting a K10N I got the A770DE+ (which they were selling for $80 refurbished). Contacted them about the mix up and they "appreciated my honesty" so much that they let me keep the better board at no additional cost!!

[K10N uses an nVidia chipset with onboard GeForce graphics.. A770 uses an AMD chipset with no onboard GPU but has an addition PCIe x16 slot for SLI or CrossfireX]

Looking now, they don't seem to have much in stock there. Wondering if they are just resellers of used and refurbed components.

Here's a copy of an email that I rec'd from them on the 12th:

Thank you again for your order from Sidewinder Computers! We're pleased to inform you that your order has now shipped. Please refer to the following transit times: - via USPS Priority mail generally arrive in 2-3 business days. (not guaranteed) - via UPS: 1-5 business days depending on service (with guaranteed transit times) - via Express mail are guaranteed to arrive in 1-2 business days, dependant upon location. - via Express Mail International generally arrive to Canada and other countries in about 5 business days, dependant upon customs clearing. - via Priority mail international arrives in 5-10 business days - via First class International arrives in 1-3 weeks. As a reminder, First Class Mail is not insured, and is not trackable. If you have any questions about your order, simply reply to this email or call us at 1-317-738-0949. Upon receiving your order, please let us know how we're doing by leaving feedback via Yahoo Store or at http://www.resellerr...?seller_id=1982 Thank you once again for shopping at Sidewinder Computers.

edit: once again, I DID pay for Priority 2-3 day shipping...

Here's my response this evening to the above email:

Thank you for your response to my initial email pertaining to this order. I feel however that 3-day shipping should mean 3-day shipping, in other words, I believe I should have had the product no later than 11/11/15. Don't I deserve a little rebate/credit here?
Just extremely dissatisfied..

I order some stuff from Sidewinder about 5 years ago, never had a problem with them back then. One thing to note, I live in Indiana, so shipping was relatively fast.

Thanks! Product arrived yesterday, at least 4 days late! At least it IS what I ordered...

Somewhat...I put in an Evga GTX Titan that's watercooled. I had distilled water for my new loop, but no biocide to put in it...ordered some Petra's PT Nuke which they showed "in stock" on 3 day shipping (cost extra) and it took 11/2 weeks to get here. :(

Wish I could afford a complete new system, but no $$ for that, the Titan was a gift.

Somewhat...I put in an Evga GTX Titan that's watercooled. I had distilled water for my new loop, but no biocide to put in it...ordered some Petra's PT Nuke which they showed "in stock" on 3 day shipping (cost extra) and it took 11/2 weeks to get here. :(

Wish I could afford a complete new system, but no $$ for that, the Titan was a gift.

heck of a gift..thought my Evga 1000w PSU was a nice gift..but a Titan..nice!!