Going to be down awhile...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Down one rig for now, one of my GTX460's that I had put an Arctic Accelero III on suffered a broken fan. (NO I did NOT stick my finger in it Guns) Anyway, I'm gonna put it to doing HTPC work, I hope. I want to see if I can get my server board running again and I have an extra GTX460 to put in it or I'm looking at some cheaper used cards on ebay.

Sooo, Devan and Hydro, duke it out for my spot and have fun doing it!!

Fold On people!

:geezer:

Keep your fingers out of the fans as you know for a fact they will cut you. LOL.

Yes, how well I know...but I swear I didn't touch this one In fact that's the reason I have the aftermarket Arctic heatsink and fan on this particular card because I stuck my finger in the fan and broke off two of the blades so instead of trying to replace just the fan, I replaced the entire heatsink with something better. I can't replace the fan on this setup so I'll have to buy another Arctic Accelero. (or some kind of water cooling < not likely)

Aw, back when Guns lived down the street from me I came to town one day with my PC and was at his house and installing new case fans and accidentally stuck my finger in one and cut it, didn't hurt the fan tho'. Another time I was checking the fan on one of my GTX460's and didn't want to move the case so I reached down and felt gently around to ensure that the fan was running properly (it seemed like it was running warm), anyway, I stuck my finger into the fan and broke off two blades. That's where the Arctic Accelero III came in, now it's gotten a fan broken in half and it wasn't me. :surrender:

Hey CB, have things improved much for you yet?

I've not been able to do much in the way of folding myself lately as my desktop is in storage until who knows when I'll have another place to live. Currently get over to Northern Illinois University from time to time just to get online and do email and phone calls. Besides for that, looking like my girlfriend and I will be living in a tent at the campground sometime in the next week or so.

If we figure something out I'll get my desktop back out of storage and start folding on it 24/7 again. I'll keep you all informed as I'm able and hope things can be worked out somehow really soon.