Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dickster

Not a great day

A few years ago I opened a thread in this forum. It got pinned and is up top. It's called “Please Join In” and asks all my friends to jump in and click a link to help support free mammograms for those that can't afford it. I didn't expect that the thread would still be going all these years later, but I'm glad it is. It means a lot to me since breast cancer took mom years ago. Kinda my way of fighting back.

I also joined the PC Pitstop [email protected] team. More info here...

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/152666-how-to-join-the-pc-pitstop-folding-home-team/

Just another way to wage war against cancer and other ails. Then I found out my sister had a brain tumor. She was operated on and they removed it. A couple years later another one showed up. It's still there. Then last year they found lung cancer in her. Never smoked, but still got it. She has about 2 years left to live.

I don't like posting stuff like this, but I need to vent. Today my wife goes into surgery to remove a kidney. They found a cancerous mass on the kidney. Too big to take out just the mass. They need to remove the whole organ. They don't think it has spread, and they aren't ordering chemo or radiation treatments at this time. That's a kinda good thing. Sometimes the treatment is worse then the cancer.

Why am I telling you all this? Good question. I'm hoping this might inspire a few of you sitting on the fence to jump into our [email protected] team and try to help find cures for some of these diseases. Our team is holding it's own with just a few active members, but we could use some help.

And if you have a spare prayer, my wife could sure use it. Thanks!

I do understand how you feel dickster and just to let you know I am still folding just not for the Pit Crew right now.

Kind of got disgusted with the way hardly any participation is forthcoming from the Pit.

PC Pitstop has very few members willing to spend a little to help find cures, most of the ones that do have very limited income with a lot of heart.

As of right now only nine members are folding for the team eF_Godlike shows up on the stats page but has not turned in a work unit in over six months.

This is the 3rd day I have not turned in any work units for the Pit, don't know how long I will be around folding as my health is real bad.

Will be sending prayers up for your wife!

Thoughts are with you and your family. My wife only has one kidney, removed years ago due to a non malignant tumour, she's perfectly healthy now so I hope the same for yours.

I'm still folding!!

You jump in here any time Bud and allow us into your world. Don't we?

There are times we need help even if it's in the form of sharing information. Good or bad, so Vent to us.

It makes me feel I'm your friend if you let me pray for you and your wife, and I don't think I have to put it in words that we care about you too.

Please also keep us updated about your wife and sister.

Just back from the hospital. The surgery went as well as it could. They had a little trouble getting to the kidney, but it is now in a plastic dish awaiting biopsy. She is sore and not very awake right now, so we are letting her sleep and will return in the morning.

My thanks to all. It means bunches to me. :)

Yes, but not great news. We brought her home Sunday as I posted. Monday she developed chills and fever. Had to take her into Emergency Room at nearest hospital. They admitted her, but didn't have a room available. They kept her in an ER exam room until late yesterday when they finally had a room open up. She is now in a private room. They found infection in the area where the kidney was removed and problems with the kidney functions of the other one. Now in a wait and see mode. Hoping the kidney functions return to normal and antibiotics kill the infection.

Not a good week!

dickster, what's her name? (for prayer purposes) We'll continue to lift you both up in prayer, this has gotta be really hard on you too...

:geezzer:

I know she's being well taken care of, have peace with that. Now, how about you?

Are you taking care of yourself?

Wish I could reach through this machine and give you a big hug.

You and your wife will be lifted in prayers.

One more prayer can only help. May the answer be greatly improved health and outlook for your family and a much better week for all.

Don't know what to say. We're all human and we'll all fall victim to human woes. Sorry to hear about your wife. My Mom has ALS, I might have lymphoma. Don't fold because I won't leave the PC on all day in case it catches on fire. And I'm agnostic so can't toss up a prayer. But I do hope for the best for you and yours. I really dig my Pit friends and want only the best for you all.

KurtBleach, I care and I know the others here do too.

I'm wishing you don't have lymphoma. And if you do I hope it's an easy fix.

I'm also wishing (is that acceptable? since prayer isn't something you may not want or care for) the stress you might be going through will end.

Also, for your Mother, have patience and peace for her and with her. :)

Thanks, Juliet. I've got nothing against people praying. I just can't be hypocrite and say I am because I'm not religious. But I can still care about other people, no?

I do understand how you feel dickster and just to let you know I am still folding just not for the Pit Crew right now.

Kind of got disgusted with the way hardly any participation is forthcoming from the Pit.

PC Pitstop has very few members willing to spend a little to help find cures, most of the ones that do have very limited income with a lot of heart.

As of right now only nine members are folding for the team eF_Godlike shows up on the stats page but has not turned in a work unit in over six months.

This is the 3rd day I have not turned in any work units for the Pit, don't know how long I will be around folding as my health is real bad.

Will be sending prayers up for your wife!

More concerned about your health than your folding. You and Roger are good people, as so many people here are at the Pit. Good luck.

Thanks, Juliet. I've got nothing against people praying. I just can't be hypocrite and say I am because I'm not religious. But I can still care about other people, no?

Of course you can, can see you have a big heart, heart of caring :)