I have Windows 7 with IE 11, Was running PC Matic, got to Stability/Drivers and the following window poped up" "Registry Read Error 2146959355 Server Execution Failed Get WordValueHive="HKCU". PC Matic will not go beyond this point. What do I do to correct this problem?

As per your instructions I ran the PC Matic program as the administrator without any problems. Thank you for the recommendation. One question: what does running as the administrator do to the program? I have been running pc matic for almost 2 years as the user with no problem and now I have to run it as the administrator. Why?

PC Matic needs to have permission to access and write to the Windows Registry. Typically, PC Matic should install as admin by default. I'm not sure what might have changed on the computer to cause the issue, but if you go to the compatibility tab on the Properties page for PCMAtic.exe in the Programs folder, there is a check box at the bottom of the Compatibility tab to run the program as admin automatically.