Change Mode

Attempting to flash BIOS on my GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ mobo. Got the latest F10e but when I extract the file it just says xxxxxxx.10e... upon entering Qflash in the BIOS it asks do I want to read the file from my USB drive, hit enter (yes) and it goes to the flash drive and shows everything there. If I select the BIOS file it starts to read then tells me the image is wrong or the file name is wrong...

File name is 99FXAUD3.10e and size is 4,096KB...

:pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:

This is not funny anymore!! What the hell am I doing wrong???

Open to advice please...

:geezer:

have you thought about trying to ''update from server''. is the USB drive empty? tried that before and it didnt work till the USB drive was empty except for the BIOS file

Only thing on the drive is the file. I've tried renaming it to .F10e and no luck. Gave up and downloaded the F9 BIOS and it still tells me it's an "Invalid BIOS Image". :pullhair:

How do you update from server??

Only thing on the drive is the file. I've tried renaming it to .F10e and no luck. Gave up and downloaded the F9 BIOS and it still tells me it's an "Invalid BIOS Image". :pullhair:

How do you update from server??

not sure what options you have but here is mine for my gigabyte board.i use that option sometimes,basicly updates in windows enviroment if im not mistaken

bios.jpg

Edited by brownhornet

No option to update from server, BUT, I've figured it out...my board is the Rev.4.0 990FXA-UD3 and I've been trying to use the latest BIOS for the Rev. 1 board... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Downloading the correct (F3) BIOS now and we'll try that, betcha it works!!

Hi Caintry_Boy an Brownhornet , Thought i'd ask as Both of you Know a Whole lot more on Bios Flash , I have no Problems Saving to a Flash Drive . This is my Board , Actually run 3 Pc's with the Exact Same Board/Rev Nu , GA-EP35-DS3P REV2.1 Here ,, http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2741#ov . Can you Point me in the Right Direction Which Download it is , Also the How Too Do Directions as i've Never Done Before , Any Help Appreciated . Regards Philip . :P

Hi Phillip! It looks like the latest BIOS for your boards is the F4, found here > http://download.gigabyte.cn/FileList/BIOS/motherboard_bios_ga-ep35-ds3_f4.exe

My best advice for flashing is to consult your manual > http://download.gigabyte.cn/FileList/Manual/motherboard_manual_ga-ep35-ds3r(ds3)_e.pdf

You'll find all info for using Qflash on page 68.

4-2-1 Updating the BIOS
with the Q-Flash Utility
A. Before You Begin:
1. From GIGABYTE's website, download the latest compressed BIOS update file that matches your
motherboard model.
2. Extract the file and save the new BIOS file (e.g. ep35ds3r.f1) to your floppy disk, USB flash drive,
or hard drive. Note: The USB flash drive or hard drive must use FAT32/16/12 file system.
3. Restart the system. During the POST, press the <End> key to enter Q-Flash. Note: You can
access Q-Flash by either pressing the <End> key during the POST or pressing the <F8> key in
BIOS Setup. However, if the BIOS update file is saved to a hard drive in RAID/AHCI mode or a hard
drive attached to an independent IDE/SATA controller, use the <End> key during the POST to
access Q-Flash.
Unique Features
- 69 -
B. Updating the BIOS
When updating the BIOS, choose the location where the BIOS file is saved. The follow procedure
assumes that you save the BIOS file to a floppy disk.
Step 1:
1. Insert the floppy disk containing the BIOS file into the floppy disk drive. In the main menu of
Q-Flash, use the up or down arrow key to select
Update BIOS from Drive
and press <Enter>.
The
Save Main BIOS to Drive
option allows you to save the current BIOS file.
Q-Flash only supports USB flash drive or hard drives using FAT32/16/12 file system.
If the BIOS update file is saved to a hard drive in RAID/AHCI mode or a hard drive
attached to an independent IDE/SATA controller, use the <End> key during the POST to
access Q-Flash.
2. Select
Floppy A
and press <Enter>.
Q-Flash Utility v2.05
Flash Type/Size.................................Winbond 25X80 1M
Keep DMI Data Enable
Update BIOS from Drive
Save BIOS to Drive
Enter : Run
KL
:Move ESC:Reset F10:Power Off
0 file(s) found
Floppy A
<Drive>
HDD 0-0
<Drive>
Total size : 0 Free size : 0
3. Select the BIOS update file and press <Enter>.
Make sure the BIOS update file matches your motherboard model.
Step 2:
The process of the system reading the BIOS file from the floppy disk is displayed on the screen. When
the message "Are you sure to update BIOS?" appears, press <Enter> to begin the BIOS update. The
monitor will display the update process.
Do not turn off or restart the system when the system is reading/updating the BIOS.
Do not remove the floppy disk, USB flash drive, or hard drive when the system is
updating the BIOS.
Step 3:
When the update process is complete, press any key to return to the main menu.
Q-Flash Utility v2.05
Flash Type/Size.................................Winbond 25X80 1M
Keep DMI Data Enable
Update BIOS from Drive
Save BIOS to Drive
Enter : Run
KL
:Move ESC:Reset F10:Power Off
!! Copy BIOS completed - Pass !!
Please press
any

Keep us posted!

Note*** I use a flash/thumb/USB drive nowadays.

Thanks Caintry , but no luck , saved the file to Fat 32 flash Drive , into QFlash , only option i get is Floppy A or B , No flash Drive Option . Went to Gigabyte Site , found this Bios to suit , , chose Top One 2009-6-18 , to me it's 18-6-2009 in Oz lol , on Board at the moment is the 3rd one down the list 2008-2-27 , But once again when booted to QFlash No Option to Choose Flash Drive , Only Floppy , which i Ain't got , though i spose i could add one . No problems on the pc's running old Bios , but i thought i'd Increase my Knowledge by ( having a go ) , at 67 times not on my side the way i see it . Not Long over 2 X 3 Month Zoladex 10.8 Implants ( started July 2014 for my Prostate Cancer , then 37 Radium Treatments , along with Hot Flushes from Hell , 6000/7000 from last July to April this year , and Ruined my sleep , an i'm stuck in that mode Still . Why i say Time is not on my side , so i'll try most things now lol , Wait till i hear back okie dokie . Regards Philip .. :surrender:

Well it appears as tho' it won't recognize the flash drive so your only other option might be to save the BIOS to your hard drive and see if it will let you update from that. If not, you're relegated to a floppy and you can pick up a cheap USB floppy drive from most e-tailers.

Tried with @bios , No luck with that either , when i put win 7 dvd in drive , i Don't get the Options that show on the QFlash page to Save @Bios in Programs . I wonder why my Board has QFlash/@Bios Options when they Can't be used , anyway , i'll move on as Pc's have no Problems , it was just for a Learning Curve that's all . Thanks Caintry . Philip..