ASUS X99 delux MB

2x Intel 730 SSD 480 Gb in Raid 0 system drive

3x 3Tb hd in RAID 5 storage drive

2x Msi GTX780 Ti 2Gb Vram 384b bandwidth

1300w Antec HCP Platinum PSU

Video cards have nzxt water cooling conversion

CPU is water cooled with a cooler master twin fan system

8x 4Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4

Here is what I find strange, the video cards are in PCIe slots 1 and 3 per ASUS recomendations there is an SLI connection. The video card in slot three is not working, it shows code 43

I never benched the system here with both cards working, I have no way to get a good comparison, but the video scorse are still in the 0% to 1% and have never varied.

Is there anything I can do with the non working card, or do I bite the bullet and get two new cards? http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=25788442

Edited by xiphias

Sorry,

Forgot to post the link to my benchmark, also, this is not OC, though the board and components do perform well overclocked.

If anyone knows anything about this code 43 on my video card, I am all ears!

A bit more information, every hardware ID app shows both video cards, the fans and the water pump are running, Windows device manager shows the card enumerated with the code 43.

I have yet to find much guidence other than the windows suggestion to update the drive, which I have done a few times. I've reinstalled exsisting drivers, using both over currant install and clean install, and

I have installed upgrades both ways. No luck. I just built this system in November,and the cards performed well, when both were working, I would hate to have to change now, but it is what it is.

If one card isn't working in slot 3 try changing them around slot for slot and see if it also doesn't work in slot 1. If not, it's bad and time for an RMA.

To improve video scores do NOT run in SLI mode disable that, increase resolution to max and set color to 16 bit, then test.

p.s. fixed your link for ya'...;)

Here's a good way to test each card > http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2463/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-8-2/ Just install, open the program and explore. There is a way to test each card...

:geezer:

Thanks for the input and help with the link. I have never built a machine like this one or been part of a forum. The Nvidia control pannel only shows the working card, so I assume that SLI is disabled by default, as to an RMA, I'm sure that the card warranty was voided the minute I changed it to water cooling, unless MSI will take the card back and make some type of adjusted charge, I just don't know, this is all unexplored territory for me.

Here is a link (?) to the bemch mark I ran just befor signing here it does not include your suggestions.

Thanks again for your input. http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=25788442

It is a bit OC'd on this on this one.

GPU z does not even see the second card, There does appear to be a new bios out for this card, I'm looking into that now

Edited by xiphias