As you can see my computer specs in my signature I do not understand why PC Pitstop puts me at the top 17% or even the bottom 8% regarding my available disk space. I have done EVERYTHING! Anyone know why this is happening?

Your TechExpress link goes to a video, not your OverDrive test results? That link is intended for OverDrive results only.

Go ahead and post back with a link to your OverDrive results and we can take a look as to why you are seeing those percentages. Just off the top of my head, The 256GB SSD is going to compare poorly to all of the other test results in the database, whereas the 4 TB drive will compare much better.

The only disk space usage issue I'm seeing is for drive X, which only has 8% free.

The other disk scores are for the disk read/write speed and I see that varying on the C drive from almost 200 MB\sec down to 87 MB\sec

Make sure that there is nothing else running on the computer that could be accessing the C drive at the same time that OverDrive is running, no updaters, no virus scans, no backup routines, etc.

Run Windows Disk Clean up then reboot when it is finished, then immediately run a new OverDrive scan.

Be sure to open Internet Explorer as admin before navigating to PC Pitstop and starting OverDrive.

Download and install the Samsung Magician:

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

Run the OS optimization then enable Rapid Mode.

It appears that the numbers you are referencing are the World Desktop Rank numbers and not the disk space numbers, which are found on the Performance Tab and have not varied with any of the posted results that I have seen.

Click on the World Rank then record the individual scores and World Rank percentage. Then when there is a variation do the same thing again and you can then compare the individual test scores to see exactly what is different. If there is something else running on the computer at the same time as OverDrive that will effect the results. If you prefer to think that I'm wrong and the website is inconsistent of course that's your prerogative. OverDrive is not a benchmark, it's a diagnostic tool.

However, I can consistently get Top 1% every time I run OverDrive by following the advice in my first post:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=25724185

If you click around on the different tabs and links in OverDrive there is a wealth of information there, including what the X drive is. From the System Specs tab:

Drive Name (X) PBR Image

Drive Size (X) 8507 MBs

Drive Format (X) NTFS

That is the Windows 8 Push Button Reset feature:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_update/x-drive-prb-image-shows-red-almost-full-what-is/40feef23-9035-4c52-a789-c36c1fd25e84

In your OverDrive results you can click on the Software tab then click on the Processes tab and that will display a list of what's running. Our recommendation is to disable the items in orange. You should be able to use msconfig to do that. When ruining OverDrive I will typically disable all of the optional items in blue as well using the Windows Task manager rather than msconfig. By using the Task Manager all that is needed to restart the optional items that were stopped is to reboot the computer.

Here is from the last results - AOL in orange.. the others in blue. Not taking up any usage far as I can tell

AOL AOL AOL Inc. 0 176 HostManager AOL Service Libraries AOL Inc. 0 32 iolo LiveBoost iolo LiveBoost iolo technologies, LLC 0 59 CyberLink MediaLibray Service CyberLink MediaLibray Service CyberLink 0 47 Steam Steam Client Bootstrapper Valve Corporation 0 127 Steam Client WebHelper Steam Client WebHelper Valve Corporation 0 73 NVIDIA GeForce Experience NVIDIA Backend NVIDIA Corporation 0 41 Office 15 Microsoft Office 2013 Microsoft Corporation 0 22 AlienFusion AlienFusionController Alienware 0

Virus 0 Spyware 0 Disable 2 Optional 7 Required 12 Edited by Rmegi7

Not sure what you mean by 'the regular PC Pitstop'? There are still active links to the old "Pit Test" that was replaced by OverDrive.

The old pit test has not been updated in years. There is no benefit from running new hardware on the old pit test. The results are meaningless with the newer technologies, that is why OverDrive was developed.