Hot tip

Got a hot tip from "anonymous" that we need to try the new Nvidia 350.12 whql drivers on our Nvidia cards and set the "client-type beta" flag or at least the "client-type advanced" flag.....

Check it out and give input...

Fold On!

:geezer:

Sorry guys, I can't make use of that driver. It conflicts with SETI@Home crunching on my GTX-275 that is also crunching F@H. Pre-Fermi cards on SETI "MUST" use an older driver. The latest driver that I "CAN" use is 337.88.

TL

EDIT:

Forgot!!! My 275 is TOO OLD to crunch F@H; I'm crunching F@H on CPU only.

If I ever get free spending money, I will be upgrading to a GTX-750 TI SC. That, I know, will crunch F@H on the latest driver.

Edited by TimeLord04

Sorry guys, I can't make use of that driver. It conflicts with SETI@Home crunching on my GTX-275 that is also crunching F@H. Pre-Fermi cards on SETI "MUST" use an older driver. The latest driver that I "CAN" use is 337.88.

TL

EDIT:

Forgot!!! My 275 is TOO OLD to crunch F@H; I'm crunching F@H on CPU only.

If I ever get free spending money, I will be upgrading to a GTX-750 TI SC. That, I know, will crunch F@H on the latest driver.

:tup:

Fold On!

:geezer:

• 3 weeks later...

Will stop folding for a few days my last uncle passed and have to travel to KCMO for funereal.

With the weather we are having just don't want to leave the computer running.

Have you ever noticed how the nest work unit looses point waiting the one still folding to finish. It takes very little time to download a new work unit so I set this flag on both of my GPUs in order not to loose points from them.

Name:

next-unit-percentage

Value:

This lets my PC download the next work unit at 99.99% complete without loosing points for waiting so long to start.

• 7 months later...

by JohnChodera » Mon Dec 07, 2015.

We rolled out Core21 v0.0.14 last week.

Main features are:
* Bad State errors fixed: Improvements that drastically reduce the high rate of Bad State errors we were seeing with earlier versions of the core, especially with NVIDIA cards.
These Bad State errors were ironically caused by a couple of bugs in the code that checks the simulation for integrity every time a checkpoint file is written. The simulation integrity was solid, but there was a high false positive rate for errors. This should be greatly reduced with 0.0.14.
For NVIDIA cards, this unfortunately comes with a 10% performance regression when PME is in use, but we are compensating by rebenchmarking affected core 21 projects. We hope to release an update that will undo this performance regression soon.

* More debugging info: When Bad State errors *do* occur, we now bring back more information to help us diagnose these issues.

* Early NaN detection eliminates slowdowns: We previously had some reports of WU slowdowns that were traced to NaNs appearing in the simulation and slowing down the integration loop drastically. Previously, these were not detected until a checkpoint was written. Now, checks are performed much more frequently, hopefully eliminating these slowdowns.

* Minor improvements: We have also made a number of other minor improvements that give us a bit more flexibility and control over what simulations can be run.

'

So boys and girls go to your slots and add (client-type) (advanced) if you want to try out the core 21 work units I just did.

y'all are talking greek again, no offense intended to anyone of Greek origin. Let me know if there's something I need or should do, lol.

BTW... not sure if this is related to anything in any of these posts above, but I have 2 projects set to upload to server 0.0.0.0.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/logs/0.0.0.0.log.html

???

GUNS: Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Edited by dianamite