Antivirus program recommendations

This is probably the same as which truck is best; chevy, dodge or ford, but I am presently using Comodo and have been debating going to another (freebee).

Debating on Avast. Which has the least (think I am using the proper term) Bloatware?

It is an HP PC with Win7. If I go to another Antivirus here I may also add to Patti's laptop, a Toshiba Satellite C655.....

Also am using MalWarebytes as I think this is the best malware program.....

Thanks to all that post.

I'd agree... sort of... that the least bloatware currently is AVAST! (and it is by no means clean), with one exception. That is Microsoft's antivirus. Microsoft Security Essentials if you are using Vista or 7 (download for XP has been removed but it's still updating if you have it) or it is called Windows Defender on Windows 8/8.1. It has the smallest footprint and no bloat. It's what I use along with MBAM. I believe that AVAST! is more "powerful"... but Microsoft meets my needs.

Without opening a can of worms.....I'm with Tom, any windows PC I build or fix I put windows security essentials on. It's light, auto updates with windows update and if you are using MBAM alongside it you should be fine.

I appreciate that you appreciate all input, and I agree that this shouldn't become a war. It's been a while since I left the land of Windows so I could be wrong, but if you want to pay for antivirus I'd go with Norton (not a suite, just the AV) or go with AVG if you want free.

http://www.avg.com/us-en/homepage

http://us.norton.com/antivirus

Edited by KurtBleach
  • 9 months later...