Sign in to follow this  
lazerlake8

Enformation 1.1/ Enterprise 1.1 (Adware)

My Dell laptop (windows 7 firefox) has been infected by the adware Enformation/Enterprise 1.1 for going on 8 months now. It feels like I have done everything I could in attempt to remove this adware but to no avail. I have run the PC Matic twice as well, but it did not seem to resolve the issue.

Does anyone know how to PERMANENTLY remove this adware from both my harddrive and my firefox adons? I have tried uninstalling it from my control panel as well as simply disabling it from my adons, along with following the steps from various websites, but nothing seems to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!

To prevent you from running removal tools already used can you tell me which ones you have already run?

Juliet, I have used PCmatic, SpeedUpMyPC, and AVG programs in attempt to remove it, but none of them have worked.

Jacee, I have followed those instructions, as well as many more.

So far it seems that it has been removed from my Firefox extensions, but I can not get it to remove from my control panel. Every time I try to uninstal it, I get a pop-up telling me that I must contact my system administrator to delete it, but I am my system administrator. Do either of you, or anyone else, know why this may be happening?

Give Revo Uninstaller a try...> http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html

Install Revo then open the program, see if your program is listed and if so highlight it, then click Uninstall. Follow the directions for the Advanced Uninstall and be sure to get rid of all the small items that it will show in registry too...;)

:geezer: