Change Mode

pc stops responding and freezes with firefox

WsW-WYATT-EARP

You think the laptop is running to hot?

I don't think we've run this tool

• Please download ServicesRepair and save it to your desktop.
    • Double-click ServicesRepair.exe.
    • If security notifications appear, click Continue or Run and then click Yes when asked if you want to proceed.
    • Once the tool has finished, you will be prompted to restart your computer. Click Yes to restart.

It's a desktop, the fans all look to be running. The heatsink for the cpu is a little dusty but not that bad.

I'm going to blow out the insides tonight and run the services fix you posted. It seemed a little warmer than usual on the sides so I'll look at the fans a bit closer tonight as well.

So, I left the computer off for a couple days. I opened the case up again and took the fan off the cpu heatsink and blew out the entire computer. The heatsink had more dust in it than I thought.

Put back together and booted up. Ran windows memory test to check the ram. It came back ok.

I ran the services fix you posted and going to try kapersky again and see what happens.

not good - not good at all.

Started Kapersky and it froze. Not sure when, it was going good so I let it run. Came back and it must of shut down the monitor (scheduled at 30 minutes) and then locked up sometime after that. I couldn't get the screen to come back up. The computer is not set to go to sleep, just turn off monitor.

I got it running again, then swapped out the power supply and just after boot, it frooze. Put original PSU in and same thing, shortly after boot, it frooze.

I am sure something is failing hardware wise but at this point, I have no idea. Motherboard would be next I suppose..... I ran tests on the hdd and ram and then replaced PSU.

It's just getting worse and worse....

it really does sound like hardware...

I think from here I've got to ask that you start a new topic in User to User

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/forum/3-user-to-user-help/

Let's see if the guys in there can tell what apps to run for diagnosis and help figure out whats going on.

I'm sorry I wasn't any help resolving this.