Sign in to follow this  
Sweetpotato

possible malware?

Its done . Everything seems to be humming along again and I can get into all of my programs. I was wondering if I could use the earlier program,delfix, to clean all the tools that are on my computer. So glad to have this off my mind. Didn't want to miss my football team playing. :):)

So glad it's back to working like it should, you gave the good fight!

AFZxnZc.jpg DelFix

• Please download DelFix and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
  • Place a checkmark next to the following items:
    • Activate UAC
    • Remove disinfection tools
  • Click the Run button.
-- This will remove the specialized tools we used to disinfect your system. Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete).

all done. I just need to find a really good antivirus software. I usually do the free ones but not sure.What do you think about Pandas free Antivirus software? Thanks. Also, should I or can I get rid of the Windows Repair program and the 7-zip 9.20? Thank You.

Edited by Sweetpotato

if it ain't broke don't touch it

Personally, I try to steer away from recommending any particular brand of AV. There's the danger of getting sucked into providing after sales support for someone else's product :)

As for which free versus paid for Antivirus I have to leave this up to you but, I've always stayed with a free version, that use less resources and consumes less time in updating. This is my personal opinion and also with free versions of Antivirus, firewall is not included.

Honestly, I didn't want to say how (cheap),I mean, how frugal I try to be. I have been using a free version of the first one on your list and it seemed to work well. I also used Malwarebytes with this one. Is that ok? It doesn't work unless I start it up, update and scan. Do, I need a separate firewall other than the Windows one? Havent' really ever checked into it. Thanks for all that you do.

Honestly, I didn't want to say how (cheap),I mean, how frugal I try to be. I have been using a free version of the first one on your list and it seemed to work well. I also used Malwarebytes with this one. Is that ok? It doesn't work unless I start it up, update and scan. Do, I need a separate firewall other than the Windows one? Havent' really ever checked into it. Thanks for all that you do.

Don't feel cheap, try frugal.

I use a free virus protection and other free applications on my personal machine.

And as far as I know MBAM will work together with all virus programs without complications. I use MBAM Premium and even it does exceptional.

As for Firewall, this you will have to weigh if needed or not.

Let me list items that can be downloaded and safely used together.

The following programmes come highly recommended in the security community.

• xKsUqI5A.png.pagespeed.ic.vn1Hlvqi8h.jpgAdBlock is a browser add-on that blocks annoying banners, pop-ups and video ads.
  • E8I37RF.pngCryptoPrevent places policy restrictions on loading points for ransomware (eg.CryptoPrevent), preventing your files from being encrypted.
  • EG85Vjt.pngMalwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) is designed to prevent zero-day malware from exploiting vulnerable software.
  • x6YRrgUC.png.pagespeed.ic.HjgFxjvw2Z.jpgMalwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium (MBAM) works in real-time along side your Anti-Virus to prevent malware execution.
  • xjv4nhMJ.png.pagespeed.ic.A5YbWn1eDO.pngNoScript is a Firefox add-on that blocks the actions of malicious scripts by using whitelisting and other technology.
  • 3O8r9Uq.png Sandboxie isolates programmes of your choice, preventing files from being written to your HDD unless approved by you.
  • DgW1XL2.png.pagespeed.ce.v1OlJl_ZAS.pngSecuina PSI will scan your computer for vulnerable software that is outdated, and automatically find the latest update for you.
  • xj1OLIec.png.pagespeed.ic.k6hhwopU0q.jpgSpywareBlaster is a form of passive protection, designed to block the actions of malicious websites and tracking cookies.
  • xJEP5iWI.png.pagespeed.ic.4tmM1lM7DQ.pngWeb of Trust (WOT) is a browser add-on designed to alert you before interacting with a potentially malicious website.
I use 6 tools out of the 9 above listed.

:-) Thanks. I feel so much more at ease that my computer is back in working order. Thank You for all of the imput. It help out tremendously.

Glad we could help. :)sparkle.gif

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.