Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brownhornet

not a virus

but rather a problem with malewarebytes, when installing the FREE version i forgot to uncheck the ''try the trial version'' and no matter where i install from i get the trial version when i want the free version. please advise

Afraid I've done the same thing in the past and I'm stuck with the "Pro" version also. I've tried uninstalling, registry cleaners, everything I can think of and I still have the "Pro/Premium" version.

No help here...:(

:geezer:

At the end of the 14-day Trial, the program reverts back to the Free version UNLESS the user ****activates*** the program with the license ID/key.

No

From what I understand, If you buy the program it's a life time purchase.

Afraid I've done the same thing in the past and I'm stuck with the "Pro" version also. I've tried uninstalling, registry cleaners, everything I can think of and I still have the "Pro/Premium" version.

No help here... :(

good to know im not the only one. @nigsy,the link was what i needed,in my agitated state i failed to see ''end free trial'' all is fine now. thanks guys/gals

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/122284-mbam-clean-removal-process/

explanations on MBAM free verses Pro

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/162858-questions-about-installation/

system says "Free", and that's all you want, you should be fine.

If it says "Trial", and want to revert to the Free version, there are 4 options, any of which will work:

Allow the trial to expire in 14 days;

Click the "End Trial" popup notification;

Click the "End Free Trial" link in the GUI;

Perform a clean reinstall, using the method described here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x - be sure to "opt out" (remove the check mark from) the Free trial, if it is offered again during the installation wizard.

I'm screwed until I reformat and reinstall... :(

No, there are 2 services running in the background for the paid version of Malwarebytes (mbamscheduler & mbamservice), but these can be changed from Automatic to Manual in services.msc if you do not want the program to monitor in the background. Updates will need to be done manually as well.

This is sometimes necessary if there is any conflict with another real-time anti-malware program that may be preferred to be running in the background.

:) Y

No, there are 2 services running in the background for the paid version of Malwarebytes (I don't remember their names), but these can be changed from Automatic to Manual in services.msc if you do not want the program to monitor in the background. Updates will need to be done manually as well.

This is sometimes necessary if there is any conflict with another real-time anti-malware program that may be preferred to be running in the background.

even though i switched it back to the ''free'' version it acts like its the paid version,when i boot up it automatically runs a system scan and updates itself. going to disable them in services,thanks

It must be listed in MSCONFIG to run at startup.

under services it is listed as MBAMScheduler,not listed when using MSCONFIG.

Yes, that's one and the other is "mbamservice". I will edit my previous reply to include the proper names.

Thank you brownhornet for helping me with my memory lapse. :bigsmile:

This is what I have running in my task manager

mbam.exe

mbamscheduler.exe

mbamservice.exe

Start with windows

also in setup I have it set to start Delay protection at startup for 15 seconds