Sounds like you may be using a 64 bit version of IE. Also, what version of Windows are you using?

If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer and right-click on iexplore.exe and select "Run as administrator" to launch the browser does OverDrive then complete?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but saves me posting one with the same issue.

I am running a 64bit version of Windows 7 and having the same issue, running as administrator doesn't make a difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

What version of Internet Explorer is installed on the computer and are you using a 64 bit version or a 32 bit version? OverDrive will only run on a 32 bit version of Internet Explorer.

Hi,

It's IE11 I'm running and It is 64bit.

That's a shame it won't run on this. Is there plans to update it for 64bit?

Thanks for the reply, after looking around it seems this question has been posted multiple times, sorry!

:)

No plans at present. The only 64 bit Active X control that I know of was put out by Adobe for their Flash product, but as far as I know they were the only ones to try to accommodate 64 bit Active X.

One option would be to install both versions of IE and then use the 32 bit version to run OverDrive.

The 32 bit version may already be on the computer. Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer and click on iexplore.exe to launch the 32 bit version, then see if OverDrive will then run from there.

If you still need a download link, you should be able to get it from here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-11-worldwide-languages

Scroll down to English (or the language of your choice) then use the Version dropdown to select the version for 64 bit Windows 7. That "should" install both versions.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying..

I followed your instructions, no go. Still won't load.

Tried to install from your link, however it's telling me that I have a newer version installed therefore it can't complete!

Download and save the installer file from the link, then once you have the installer saved, go to Control Panel>Uninstall a program>View Installed Updates and see if you can first manually uninstall the existing IE from there. Once that is done, then you can use the downloaded installer file to reinstall.

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried to run it in 32bit and it's still not working. tried every suggestion and fix available but for whatever reason it just won't start.

Think i'll just quit while i'm ahead! Shame as I used this site for a number of years, found it really useful.

Anyway, thanks for your help in trying to solve the issue, I will periodically check in and see if anything changes.

:)

• 2 weeks later...