Change Mode

Linux Reference eBook

JustinP526

I was doing a bit of Google searching the other day for any sources of learning Linux coding, programming, etc. Not really anything in specific, just info to help learn as much as possible so it's easier to accomplish every day tasks and even make any fixes in the event something goes wrong.

Ended up coming across this ebook and downloaded it (there's a download button showing when I view the .pdf in FireFox or Chrome). It's definitely a good read and has more than enough info on pretty much everything.

http://ebook.cna.ilkom.unsri.ac.id/linux/Linux%20The%20Complete%20Reference.6th.Edition.Nov.2007.pdf

I was doing a bit of Google searching the other day for any sources of learning Linux coding, programming, etc. Not really anything in specific, just info to help learn as much as possible so it's easier to accomplish every day tasks and even make any fixes in the event something goes wrong.

Ended up coming across this ebook and downloaded it (there's a download button showing when I view the .pdf in FireFox or Chrome). It's definitely a good read and has more than enough info on pretty much everything.

http://ebook.cna.ilkom.unsri.ac.id/linux/Linux%20The%20Complete%20Reference.6th.Edition.Nov.2007.pdf

This is 8 years old now. 8 years in the terms of linux is an eternity. While much of it may still be relevant, far too much has changed in this time. Kernels, software, tools, file systems, GCC, modules, and on and on have changed a hell of a lot in that time. I wouldn't rely too heavily on 8 year old documentation if trying to learn.