One rig down

dickster

Don't like my AMDs to go above 60c. This got to almost 70c and shut down. But now I'm not sure it's the cooler. Put in a home built (cpu block, radiator and pump) to check it and the same thing happened. Now thinking it might be something with the folding client or core. But just not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

And now the system doesn't boot. No speaker so no beep codes. New motherboard and PSU. Tried different video cards. Tried out of case. Fans all spin, water pump runs but light on led monitor stays red. Should turn to blue. Don't have another AM3+ system to test the cpu. Ram tested one stick (2 total) at a time.

Guess I'll have to run over to Dallas MicroCenter and pick up one of these.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/428114/FX_4130_Black_Edition_38-39_GHZ_Quad-Core_Tray_CPU

• 2 weeks later...

Sad day one of my rigs is down for a few days. Took it down to install two new EVGA 980 hydro copper cards and noticed the cooling system in bad need of cleanup.

Have new tubing and everything on order so when it gets here will get it back in operation. It will be interesting to see how the new cards will fold.

I have made an executive decision and rather than install the two 980s in the old Pentium motherboard will hold off a few more days. I have a new Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z gamers motherboard on hand and in shipment memory and intel 2700k cpu. So when the memory and cpu gets here will put the rig together with this equipment. After this rig is up and running will see if the Titan will work or not.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point the schedule to build the 2700k with GTX 980s. Will start the build on the 24th of this month have a new water block for the CPU on the way and tracking says it will be here no later than the 20th. Looking forward to seeing what it will do, one of our team mates will help with the build will see if he lets the cat out of the bag for who he is!

Right now the new build says it is folding over 600000 per day, will see what it levels out to in a few days. :banana2:

Big thank you to the Tx Redneck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Guns