Change Mode

Do I Have Malware

zanlpn

I am running WIN 8.1 (64 bit system) on an ASUS laptop, R503U series & running Firefox. Last night I tried to download Malwarebytes AntiMalware and my computer wouldn't let me do it. A pink banner came across the screen and said Windows Smart Screen thought it could harm my computer and refused to let me install it. I found where I could "download anyway" and clicked there. It still would not let me do it. I tried trouble shooting the download and it said the version wasn't compatible, it gave options to fix it and I did. Said it was now compatible but my computer still refuses to let me install it.

I found online that sometimes some Malware will not let you install and run security programs. Could this be the problem and how do I fix it.

I ran SpyBot and it didn't find much. I fixed those issues with SpyBot but still cannot download anything. Tried to update Adobe Flash and it wouldn't download either.

Does anyone have any ideas what to do so I can get Malwarebytes on here??

Which web site were you trying to download Malwarebytes

This is the one I suggest to people

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

The links below are a good read for Smart Screen,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/smartscreen-filter-frequently-asked-questions-ie9

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2631-windows-smartscreen-turn-off-windows-8-a.html

Juliet,
Thank you for your assistance. I tried to download Malwarebytes from the official site and from Cnet downloads. I think possibly the problem was the Windows Smart Screen that I had never encountered before. I think maybe that was added when Microsoft recently upgraded me to WIN 8.1 without my permission. Thanks to your link I found how to turn the Smart Screen thing off. Will try again and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Juliet,
It Worked!!! Had to be the Smart Screen that was the problem!! I couldn't even download an Adobe Flash update today. Now I have Malwarebyter on the compuer, will run it and move on to the Adobe Flash Update. Thank you So much for your assistance!!