Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phoneguy

viruses

Brand new to PCmatic

How do I tell if a virus has been detected in the normal course of events?

Do I have to launch PCmatic to see ??

In my dashboard I see an alert that says a virus has been detected.

What do I do next ?

How do I make it go away ?

:wp:

Your account is showing that a virus was detected. If it is set to do so in the Scan Options, PC Matic should automatically remove the virus during the Fix All procedure. Please run a new PC Matic scan and clean and check the results to see if the virus is now gone.

The Reports or History links show what was detected by PC Matic. To see what was cleaned up you need to click on "Tune-up Performed" in the upper left under the "Scan Summary" for that scan.

I didn't have the auto fix on.

I re-ran the scan, now I'm getting an error during the driver portion, and it bombs out.

The error is :

ERROR: JSON.parse error: undefined

Any ideas ?

We are currently experiencing a temporary issue with our database connections that support the scan which is why you are seeing the errors.

Our developers are working on it and we hope to have the issue resolved soon.

Super Shield is unaffected and continues to protect your computer.

I just wanted to say that I'm, (we're), new to the PC Matic family. Been running for a couple of days now. It found one Trojan on my dad's laptop and removed it. We have a total of five computers; three of them are mine. We replaced Kaspersky Pure 3.0. Kaspersky was fine; except that it didn't seem to have a "live" component like Supershield. (Perhaps why the Trojan hit my dad's laptop.)

Dad bought the product; I'm just the Tech of the family. So, I keep everything updated, and running as smoothly as possible. So far, I have no complaints about PC Matic, however, I do have a suggestion. If it is at a all possible that future product allow "Exclusions". Supershield seems to want to actively scan BOINC and the BOINC Project Folders. While everything was set to "Automatic" for PC Matic, Supershield alerted me to "Lunatics" application in BOINC Project Folder "[email protected]", and flagged it in yellow in its report. I couldn't find any way to tell PC Matic that "Lunatics" is OK/good. I now have PC Matic set to "Prompt" me; but, it has not come up again on "Lunatics". Yet, even though flagged, BOINC, [email protected], and Lunatics all seem to be working. I have not lost any Work Units. Still, I would feel better if I could set exclusions for programs such as BOINC.

Our PC Matic is "Evergreen"; or Lifetime Support and Upgrades/Updates. At $150 for five PCs; we couldn't say no... We paid Kaspersky Labs more than that for just a three year license/contract. Keep up the excellent work. (I hope to post more elsewhere in the Forums.)

:wp:

Thank you for the feedback and thank you for choosing PC Matic EverGreen.

Your suggestion for allowing exclusions for specific folders/files has been forwarded to the development team. We appreciate your input.

Looking forward to seeing you on the forums.