Sign in to follow this  
nadalotta

Malware for 6 Days - Nothing is Helping

Madam - please, before reading the below, I found out something. Right below this, I wrote about my Malwarebytes suddenly turning off Real Time Protection. While I was checking it out, I went to the WEB EXCLUSIONS page in which IPs can be added that will not be blocked by Malwarebytes. Well, there was one there. I went to the Who-is site and that IP is from the Netherlands. I've printed out the entire page on the next posting page since this is such a long one.

Hi Madam, I did it - thank you! There's another problem - perhaps it's connected with this. Malwarebytes suddenly popped up with a warning message that said Real Time Protection was turned off. I certainly didn't do that so I opened it and it took awhile to get it fixed. Just clicking on FIX did nothing. Even when I went to the correct page and turned back on Real Time Protection, I'd go to the main page and it would say it's not protected. I went to Settings and Malware Exceptions and OMG there were 24 exceptions including a couple that had OPEN CANDY as part of the path.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the above has anything to do with the following:

ESET ONLINE SCANNER SCAN RESULTS (from 12-1-14)

C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Program Files\Application Updater\ApplicationUpdater.exe.vir a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.G potentially unwanted application

C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll.vir a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.G potentially unsafe application

C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askPopStp.dll.vir a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.G potentially unsafe application

C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Program Files\IObit Apps Toolbar\FF\components\iobitappsToolbarFF.dll.vir a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.G potentially unwanted application

C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Program Files\IObit Apps Toolbar\IE\9.7\iobitappsToolbarIE64.dll.vir a variant of Win64/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Program Files\Optimizer Pro\OptProCrash.dll.vir a variant of Win32/SProtector.L potentially unwanted application

C:\ProgramData\IObit\ASCDownloader\IObit Malware Fighter.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\ProgramData\IObit\ASCDownloader\Smart Defrag.exe.bak a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\ProgramData\{3F06E471-FD45-4DB4-83A5-E68D149EA29F}\setup.res a variant of Win32/HiddenStart.A potentially unsafe application

C:\ProgramData\{559F25A3-87D2-4D88-ADC5-DF4C277CDD45}\setup.res a variant of Win32/HiddenStart.A potentially unsafe application

C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Users\Donna\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\gebhifiddmaaeecbaiemfpejghjdjmhc\159\YeexR.js.vir JS/Kryptik.ATB trojan

C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Users\Donna\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\mlgeajkpagegaanjcffndokbmifddcdn\119\tnAPXmxR2.js.vir JS/Kryptik.ATB trojan

C:\Users\All Users\IObit\ASCDownloader\IObit Malware Fighter.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\All Users\IObit\ASCDownloader\Smart Defrag.exe.bak a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\All Users\{3F06E471-FD45-4DB4-83A5-E68D149EA29F}\setup.res a variant of Win32/HiddenStart.A potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\All Users\{559F25A3-87D2-4D88-ADC5-DF4C277CDD45}\setup.res a variant of Win32/HiddenStart.A potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\AppData\Local\temp\HouseCall\log\025C507F-D7B1-40D4-B8CF-137777FBAA34\backup\1 Win32/InstallCore.PC potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\AppData\Local\temp\HouseCall\log\025C507F-D7B1-40D4-B8CF-137777FBAA34\backup\2 Win32/InstallCore.AZ potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Desktop\PROG SHORTCUTS\asc-setup.exe Win32/ELEX.AH potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\00383221.zip Win32/InstallMonetizer.AI potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\asc-setup.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\ccsetup314.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\ccsetup319.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\ccsetup320.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\ccsetup321.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\ccsetup322.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\ccsetup400.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\ccsetup401.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\ccsetup402.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\ccsetup403.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy1-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy1-ccsetup320.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy1-ccsetup401.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy1-FoxitReader531.0606_enu_Setup.exe a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy10-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy11-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy12-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy13-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy2-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy3-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy4-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy5-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy6-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy7-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy8-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\copy9-ccsetup315.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\defragsetup.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\FoxitReader514.0104_enu_Setup.exe a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\FoxitReader531.0606_enu_Setup.exe a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\FoxitReader602.0413_enu_Setup.exe a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.D potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\imf-setup.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\InstallWeatherNeobar.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.BitCocktail.A potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\ScrKlg.exe a variant of Win32/KeyLogger.Sondle.A application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Downloads\CNET TechTracker\WWL6128.exe a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.G potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\LORI DISC\asc-setup.exe Win32/ELEX.AH potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\Mozy Restores\Shockwave_Installer_Slim.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\asc-setup.exe Win32/ELEX.AH potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\cbsidlm-cbsi188-Opera-ORG-10005498.exe a variant of Win32/CNETInstaller.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\ccsetup309.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\ccsetup310.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.E potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\cnet_calibre-0_8_14_msi.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.D potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\cnet_ccsetup309_exe.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.D potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\cnet_gimp-2_6_11-i686-setup_exe.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.D potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\cnet_PSISetup_exe.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.D potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\DownloadApp_1_6_6_175g_Setup.exe a variant of Win32/CNETInstaller.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\FoxitReader502.0718_enu_Setup.exe a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\FoxitReader513.1201_enu_Setup.exe a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask potentially unsafe application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\imf-setup-pro.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\WxBugStandalone60b6.04.0.5.EXE a variant of Win32/AdInstaller potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\My Download Progs\ZipOpenerSetup.exe Win32/InstallCore.BN potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\XP Laptop\cbsidlm-tr1_13-FreeMeter-ORG-10073311.exe Win32/DownloadAdmin.G potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\XP Laptop\cbsidlm-tr1_13-FreeRAM_XP_Pro-ORG-10070530.exe Win32/DownloadAdmin.G potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\XP Laptop\cbsidlm-tr1_13-Whats_Running-ORG-10256718.exe Win32/DownloadAdmin.G potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\XP Laptop\defragsetup.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Documents\XP Laptop\imf-setup-pro.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Downloads\cbsidlm-cbsi213-ImgBurn-ORG-10847481.exe a variant of Win32/CNETInstaller.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Donna\Downloads\setup_for_hijackthis.exe Win32/Systweak.K potentially unwanted application

C:\Windows\Installer\1be7b04.msi a variant of Win32/HiddenStart.A potentially unsafe application

Madam, what do I do with this page? I can click FINISH but I also have to decide to check or not check the following: Uninstall app on close (Currently, it's checked)

Thank you so much again for your help!

Edited by nadalotta

89.248.174.98 address profile
Overview for 89.248.174.98 Updated 0 seconds ago
% This is the RIPE Database query service.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% The RIPE Database is subject to Terms and Conditions.
% See http://www.ripe.net/db/support/db-terms-conditions.pdf

% Note: this output has been filtered.
% To receive output for a database update, use the "-B" flag.

% Information related to '89.248.174.0 - 89.248.174.127'

% Abuse contact for '89.248.174.0 - 89.248.174.127' is '[email protected]'

inetnum: 89.248.174.0 - 89.248.174.127
netname: NL-ECATEL
descr: ECATEL DEDICATED & RESELLERS
admin-c: EL25-RIPE
tech-c: EL25-RIPE
mnt-by: ECATEL-MNT
mnt-lower: ECATEL-MNT
mnt-routes: ECATEL-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered

role: Ecatel LTD
address: P.O.Box 19533
address: 2521 CA The Hague
address: Netherlands
abuse-mailbox: [email protected]
remarks: ----------------------------------------------------
remarks: ECATEL LTD
remarks: Dedicated and Co-location hosting services
remarks: for abuse complaints : [email protected]
remarks: for any other questions : [email protected]
admin-c: EL25-RIPE
tech-c: EL25-RIPE
nic-hdl: EL25-RIPE
source: RIPE # Filtered

% Information related to '89.248.174.0/24AS29073'

route: 89.248.174.0/24
descr: AS29073, Route object
origin: AS29073
source: RIPE # Filtere

Madam, this is bad, right? Thank you.

Get rid of "OpenCandy" With Malwarebytes... did you recently signup for "Watch TV Online for Free"
Over 25,000 of your favourite episodes Absolutely free ?

Everything that ESET found, click on 'quarantine and delete'. It's okay to do so. ESET found the crap that AdwCleaner picked up.

Next,

I want you to delete/uninstall Combofix by doing the following instructions:

For Vista / Windows 7
• Click START Search

• Now type ComboFix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the /, it needs to be there.

Reboot. Your computer should be clean now.

Hi Madam,

Thank you very much. I'll follow your instructions. But I'm worried about my post above where someone else's IP is listed in my Malwarebytes program of IPs that are okay. What should I do about that? (I know I'm greedy but if that's the person who started all of this then I want to delete him).

Oh phooey. I went to ESET, clicked on FINISH and didn't know a screen wouldn't pop up to ask to Quarantine, etc. Instead, there's a screen where they want me to install ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. I can buy or get a free 30 day trial. There's no exit button - just buy or 30 day trial. I'm going to X out, run the scanner again and then go to that page with the names of the bad links were and then quarantine & delete. I guess I'm surprised they don't even offer a regular button to finish (or a back button).

No way did I sign up for 25k of movie shows for free. I have Amazon Prime and a few other streaming companies plus over 1,000 DVDs/Blu Rays. Even if I had 0 DVDs, etc., I would never sign up for that.

I'll go ahead and do what you recommended above. Thank you so much AGAIN!

Edited by nadalotta

I'm not sure what program you may have downloaded or bought, that may be hosted (a few other streaming companies?) by Ecatel ..... If you have Malwarebytes' 'real time' protection running now, you should be just fine,

Madam, I think it's the person with the IP in the Netherlands. How do I get him off of my Malwarebytes??

Also, I'm doing another ESET search to see what's on there. This is the 3rd one. The second search came up with 45 infected files - if you want to see them, please let me know.

Also, there is no option to Quarantine & delete the bad files after the test has been completed.

On the first page of ESET, I click Enable Detection of potentially unwanted apps and then there's a link for Hide Advanced Settings. Clicking on that produces the following:

Remove Found threats (already checked)

Scan archives (not checked)

Scan for potentially unsafe applications (not checked)

Enable Anti-Stealth Technology (already checked)

Previously, I ran the scans by checking the unchecked items and unchecking the checked items. Since there is no quarantine and delete, shouldn't I check all of them? (Not sure what Anti-Stealth Tech is, though). Please let me know. Thanks.

You mentioned "Ecatel". I did a google search. It's a company in the Netherlands. Some links make it look like it's helping prevent hackers but others say the opposite. Whatever - I don't want it.

Oh, get this, I just had a pop up window saying Malwarebytes has a new version. I'm not checking on that until the crap is off of my computer - I'm afraid it's good ole Hans Christian Andersen who may have made it up.

Edited by nadalotta

Previously, I ran the scans by checking the unchecked items and unchecking the checked items

Why did you do this?

Check all of the items found by ESET and then quarantine/delete them!!!

I have no idea what you're doing with Malwarebytes' ... It looks to me like you're searching for IP's that may be allowed. Please don't add 1+3 and come up with 2... I can't follow up with instructions to you, when you do this.

So far, you have confused me with your answers to the help I've tried to give to you. Headscratch2.gif You may need to take your computer to a person you trust and pay them for the work they do.

I'm not trying to insult you in any way, please know that! :)

Hi Madam,

I know you're not insulting me, I totally get it. I'm in a bind, though. I'm having a one-day surgery tomorrow and won't be leaving my home for a minimum of 10 days. I looked at what you posted and went over what I did...

Lately, I've/we've been working mostly on ESET. Scanning takes hours so I was doing my email when Malwarebytes turned off Real Time Protection. This is what I told you about in Post #102. It took awhile for Malwarebytes to "allow" me to keep Real Time Protection on.

While on Malwarebytes, I clicked on various parts of it - something I prob should have done over the past few years - and that's when I found the Web Exclusions page. (Per post #103). There was an IP listed and I found out it's from the Netherlands. I never put that IP there and I wonder if that's why I'm getting these Malware/Adware, etc. and purchases such as 25,000 free movies.

Also, I went to the Malware Exceptions page and found 24 exceptions there including the ones I told you about above with the Open Candy as part of its path. (Per Post #102) This why I brought it all up regarding Malwarebytes - these were all things I discovered while the ESET scanning has been done. I've done none of those things on my own - the Netherlands IP nor the 24 exceptions on Malware Exceptions page. I've looked at the exceptions and don't recognize any of them. I'm copying them to a WordPad doc.

I promise you, I'm not a wild nut running around playing at being an expert! With one exception, I've been extra careful about what and how to do what you've told me to do. (That exception was not making sure all four boxes were checked in the ESET first page).

So please don't give up on me yet! I apologize for the time it's taken and have been appreciative for everything you've done.

Nadalotta

Hi Madam,

OK, I ran the ESET and there were 76 items! Three were in red; the others black. I quarantined/deleted them. (Yay). I'm going to run one more test to see if those three items are still there. Here were the three:

C:\Users\All Users\IObit\ASCDownloader\IObit Malware Fighter.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\All Users\IObit\ASCDownloader\Smart Defrag.exe.bak a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi.B potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\All Users\{3F06E471-FD45-4DB4-83A5-E68D149EA29F}\setup.res a variant of Win32/HiddenStart.A potentially unsafe application

(Oh God, I just saw the IObit in the first two paths!)

When you've finished with Eset, open Malwarebytes' and click on the "clear exclusions"

web exclusions.jpg

Hi Madam!

Thank you for the advice - I cleared the exceptions. Should I go to Web Exclusions and delete the IP from the Netherlands as well?

BTW, I had to run out to do some things before I leave for the 1 day surgery so I didn't do the ESET scan. I'm doing it now and am having good hopes - it's 38% done and no threats!

Alright, I'm leaving for the procedure. Again, thank you for your help!

Madam, the ESET test is finished and it found no infected files!!!

In an earlier post, you said:

Next,

I want you to delete/uninstall Combofix by doing the following instructions:

For Vista / Windows 7
• Click START Search

• Now type ComboFix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the /, it needs to be there.

I'm going to do it in a little while - I'm woosy.

Thank you!

Edited by nadalotta

Hello, Madam!

Well, I deleted/uninstalled Combo with your help - thank you!

What about that Malwarebytes page that's allowing an IP from the Netherlands? I really think Hans Christen has to go, don't you?

Thanks!

Thank you, thank you!

I'm going to run one last scan on Malwarebytes but I would like to know the answer to the item below. I don't want to run the scan and have it clear and then install the item below only to find out I've reintroduced Malware or Adware, etc.

I've been getting the same pop up window for nearly two weeks as follows:

New Hardware

User Account Control

Device driver software installation Microsoft Windows

"C:\Windows\System32\newdev.exe" "00000001"

\\.\pipe\PNP_Device_Install_Pipe_1. {55cac8fd-4ace-4eca-b7

"USB\VID_13FD&PID_1617\6&f38f954&0&7"

User Account Control helps stop unauthorized changes to your computer.

What is this? I can't even tell by the full description above. I do know it's not for my printer as I've been to their site and the last update was in September.

I'm only bring up the following because of the "User Account Control helps stop unauthorized changes to your computer" above.

At least several times per week, my Taskbar shows the Windows Security Alerts logo with a red shield with a white "X". I've clicked on the shield and the problem is User Account Control is turned off. I've clicked on it to turn it back on but it won't do it. Eventually, it will turn green but this is hours later. Is there an easier way to turn and keep User Account Control on?

ETA: I checked Control Panel (can't remember why now - must be the meds) & Google to find out about the grey box that keeps popping up. I had some hits for parts of the sentence - I just don't feel good about installing this. Oh and Dell - at Dell, the driver updates were last done in March 2014. Now I really feel good about installing this.

OMG, we are so close to being done!!!

Thank you so much, Madam!

Edited by nadalotta

This may have to do with a driver for a USB device, such as intellimouse, keyboard, or any 'hardware' you may have plugged in a port.

You can turn this off by typing services.msc in the start search box, click on the icon, find the service driver that says something with 'update' automatically.... right click on it, choose properties, then click on the drop down list... set it to disabled. Click apply and Ok.

Hi Madam,

Thank you so much - I was afraid it was Hans Christian from the Netherlands who was trying to install something. OK, I'm doing one last scan and that will do it!

Thanks!

Edited by nadalotta

Madam, it's so weird! I run the scan and it never gives results, just goes back to how it looked before.

In Malware, the Settings > History section has some info there but isn't that ok?

Also, Settings > Advanced Settings currently has check marks for everything EXCEPT "Reduce Priority of Scans to improve multitasking" and "Enable self protection module". I don't care about item one but do wonder about the Enable self protection one. Should it be checked? If so, a greyed out section will turn black which says "Enable self-protection early start".

Please let me know - thank you!

Hello, Madam!

Please forget the above. I was able to figure out some of it except:

In Malwarebytes, Settings > Advanced Settings doesn't have a check mark for "Enable self protection module". Should it be checked? If so, a greyed out section will turn black which says "Enable self-protection early start". I'm not sure if the latter will be checked but, if not, should it also be checked? Thanks!

Hello Madam,

I woke up about four hours ago and wrote a thank you and then my system crashed. I was so tired that I went back to sleep but I'm awake now and my system had better not crash!

I wanted to say that I've run all three tests - Malwarebytes, ESTEP and HouseCalls (the latter took over 12 hours!) and all show there are NO threats!

Thank you so much for your kindness, your willingness to help, your great knowledge and especially your patience with me. You're truly amazing and I appreciate everything you've done. There were times when I thought my computer was DOA but you dug in and I'm so thankful.

Thank you!

:bubbly::hug:

:clap:

Madam, that Hans Christen :filtered: also did a few things to my desktop. They were so minor considering the very real problems inside of my computer.

I still have two issues with my desktop. Should I ask you or is there another place you'd rather I ask?

BTW, what is that grey thing at the time of the Vista home page which has my name, Documents, Downloads, Contacts etc.? It's gone and I wanted to Google it but I don't know what it's called except "grey thing at the top of the Vista home page". What is it called, please? (I figure this would take you all of 2 seconds to know)

Thank you again! :banana3:

Sign in to follow this