Sign in to follow this  
ddiehard

video problems

Im running Windows 7 and lately when I watch a movie it gets real jerky like its in fast

forward. I did some reading and one suggestions was I needed to adjust my Hardware Acceleration but the problem is I did not have the option. Im using firefox btw.

thank you

When watching a video or movie when you right click in the middle of it do you get this pop-up window?

settinrhr.jpg

and if you click settings do you see this one?

settinaca.jpg

if you click the first little blue icon/monitor button across the bottom of that window you should have the option to set hardware acceleration. Try watching a video from like ch131.so CSI or something and it should work.

Let us know how you make out...

:geezer:

Thanks for getting back to me and when I right click in the middle of the screen all I get is "about" JW Player 6.10.4906 Premium edition.

don't know anything about jwplayer, never used it myself, but see if these links solve your problem.

Let me fix it myself To disable hardware acceleration, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start, and then click Internet Explorer.
  2. Click the Tools icon in the upper-right corner, and then click Internet Options.
  3. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Accelerated graphics, select the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering check box.

• 2685831.png
  • Click Apply, and then click OK.
  • Close Internet Explorer 9 and then restart it so that the change takes effect.
To enable hardware acceleration again, follow the previous steps, but in step 3, clear the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering check box.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528233

or

This sounds like a symptom of having ‘hardware acceleration’ enabled within your browser. There are some known issues with our player when hardware acceleration is enabled in certain browsers. There is a parameter you can use in your player setup that may mitigate this issue:
give this a try in your setup:

jwplayer().setup({
stagevideo: false
});

http://support.jwplayer.com/customer/portal/questions/8615615-video-streaming-issue-in-internet-explorer-1-92-17-89

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966

This is for Internet Explorer I believe and my problem is with Firefox, video streams fine with IE, and yea I know I can just use IE and not Firefox but I enjoy working on puters and want to get to the bottom of this:):). I was thinking of uninstalling firefox and reinstalling and see what that does.

Disable JW in your add ons in Firefox,so that Adobe flash becomes your player,will then have hardware Acceleration as an option.

sorry missed where you said your using firefox, yes you could try un-installing and re-installing firefox to see if that fixed your problem, also try kburra's suggestion of disabling jw.

curious but why do you use jwplayer anyway?

Come to think of it I dont have a clue how JW player got installed on my puter, seems like this problem just started a few weeks ago, I went to Firefox add on and saw no mention of JWPlayer anywhere:(:( also went to add/remove programs and was not their also, so now im really confused lol

well it must be there somewhere. :rofl3:

but sorry not being a windows user i can't think at the moment how best to find and uninstall it, you sure it's not listed under plugins in firefox?

maybe try downloading and installing it again and then removing it, to see if it stops being used by firefox?

sorry not much help but having a brain dead moment and can't think of much else. :laughing:

in W 7 click start button then enter ''JW player'' in the ''search programs and files'' box. see if it comes up.

that's probably why i didn't know anything about it and had never used it then. :laughing:

Just a quick update I did a system restore as in the past I found it to be the easiest way to remove virus and malware and just getting your puter back to a normal state but this time it did not work, I did a system restore to when I know for a fact my puter was clean and I thought I had it fixed for sure but it's still there. I also did all the malware and virus programs so think my next step is to go to the hijack forum as I had good luck with them. Interesting as I ran hijack this and something I see on there that im pretty sure was not there before is

02 OPTIONS GROUP ACCELERATED GRAPHICS

HMMMMM INTERESTING INDEED:)

Just want to add that I've seen JW Player recently on some video's that I was watching...I right clicked in the middle of the vid. so I could check the "Settings", which gave me a pop-up box and lo and behold at the very top it said "About JW Player 5.10.2393" and below that in the middle of the box was my "Settings"...

I believe it's like a video host or the likes...:shrug:

:geezer: